2015 WRX is my first Subaru!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2015 WRX is my first Subaru!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm Wade, a long time Supra and civic fanatic. I recently decided to change things up a little. Since New ...

2015 WRX is my first Subaru!!!

I'm Wade, a long time Supra and civic fanatic. I recently decided to change things up a little. Since New England weather sucks so much in the winter I needed an AWD car that has balls to go with it. And the WRX was my answer!! I haven't gotten it yet because the dealership is looking for the car I want. I should be parking this metallic grey bad boy in my driveway soon!!

Mid plans:

For the first 10k I want to get a turbo back nameless exhaust system with muffler delete.
    And a Cobb tune.

Note: I'm really unfamiliar with these engines others than rally racing, I'm not sure what my limits are and what I should really do for a basic upgrade and tune. I wanna push a little more hp out. In the future when we know more about the limits and engine parts come out, I'll do the full monte( turbo, internals, computer, ect...)

Any suggestions??? Thanks guys! Will be posting pics shortly one I get the car in my driveway.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Planet Subaru in Hanover has a pre-owned 2015 Premium in DGM with 3,000 miles on it. Finding a 2015 is pretty difficult right now, most people, including myself, have had to order them.

Check out Visconti and his Stage 2 tune as a starting point, he's in CT. His dyno charts are showing a quick 50-60 HP/TQ gain with downpipe, catback, and tune.

Yeah I don't want pre owned. I am buying one with cash, and the dealership I'm getting it from, Balise Subaru in Warwick, RI, just opened a brand new dealership and the lot is full of base models. I am searching for a premium but they told me it would take a month or so to find a car and have it shipped. I'm only looking to get about 280-300whp, I'm not trying to push the gear box or engine to hard until I know more on its limits. I'm used to the 2jz where power is pretty much limitless.

I am very excited to get behind the wheel of my first Subaru.

I Support ClubWRX

Cool

My personal suggestion: if you are comparing to prior years or if this is your first WRX, put some miles on it before you start your mods... you might find you're good already. The only performance mod I would do to my 15 LTD WRB 6MT is a short throw shifter. Winter in Maine means a set of Bizzaks on the stock wheels and maybe a set of 18s with gold Oz in the spring.

I'm more of a go guy, show is important but is like to have both. I've test driven the new wrx I'm getting, and it's definitely a powerful platform. I am looking to mod it, that is my thing, I like to mod the cars I own. Rims are not important to me unless they serve a purpose like weight reduction, or a wider tire base for grip. Anyone who dumps a Subaru and puts flashy rims on the car aren't looking to beat other cars in a race. Besides why dump a rally car, the thing is built for the dirt not to drag and scrape on the asphalt...but it's a way if life for some.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RoninFTD View Post

Note: I'm really unfamiliar with these engines others than rally racing.
    Then you are completely unfamiliar since the FA20 in the WRX has never been homologated for any form of competition.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

No kidding it comes out of the forester xt. What I am saying is I am familiar with rally racing in general I watch it regularly. Why do people have to smack down other for not knowing things when I clearly stated I was unfamiliar with Subaru engines other than the fact they are boxer engines and killer rally cars. Now a 2jzgte is a different story but we are here for Subaru discussions, and I am an aspiring owner and expressing my interest in making this car unique and fast. I heard it was a good platform for performance so I'm here to learn not be pessimistic on the knowledge of others. Thanks.

zax
    Whoa. Chill out...

Facebook me here

I'm chill, just don't need snobby comments from some fan boy. I'm hear looking for opinions and to see what's out there. I've done forum hopping already in search for answers, but to no avail. I'll purchase the overhaul books and study them, instead of getting advice from people who lower and dub bout subaru's, thanks.

zax
    I'm chill, just don't need snobby comments from some fan boy. I'm hear looking for opinions and to see what's out there. I've done forum hopping already in search for answers, but to no avail. I'll purchase the overhaul books and study them, instead of getting advice from people who lower and dub bout subaru's, thanks.
    So your first reaction is to get into an argument with a forum moderator? You haven't been around long enough to even judge if I'm a "fan boy." SMH

So do you usually get pissy on forums?

Facebook me here

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    So your first reaction is to get into an argument with a forum moderator? You haven't been around long enough to even judge if I'm a "fan boy." SMH

So do you usually get pissy on forums?
    SMH, and
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

Warranty friendly mods for now-
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

I been on this earth long enough to know that fan boys are the snobby children who quote others in an attempt to arouse an argument. Again I'll look elsewhere, thanks. And oh boy! your a moderator?!!??! Is that like an important thing or something? Again I came here looking for suggestions, {EDITED} if you had something intelligent to say about the FA20 which is now a performance platform, considering it's in a wrx with a carbon synchro transmission and 15.9 psi of boost, screams to enthusiasts "mod me!!!" You wouldn't build an engine like that if it wasn't homologated I be a performance platform. Subaru has a reputation to building the worlds greatest rally cars, they wouldn't just go back to the 2.0 for no reason. So your comment could have been more helpful if you posted something along the lines of my generous request that some mature individuals responded to already. Again, fan boy, no need to disrespect new users to boast your position on a forum. Thank you!
    Last edited by SD_GR; 07-15-2014 at 02:42 PM.

zax
    This is your final warning to calm down. Personal insults are not tolerated and explicitly against the rules.

Facebook me here

{EDITED}
    Last edited by SD_GR; 07-15-2014 at 02:49 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    I been on this earth long enough to know that fan boys are the snobby children who quote others in an attempt to arouse an argument. Again I'll look elsewhere, thanks. And oh boy! your a moderator?!!??! Is that like an important thing or something? Again I came here looking for suggestions, {EDITED} if you had something intelligent to say about the FA20 which is now a performance platform, considering it's in a wrx with a carbon synchro transmission and 15.9 psi of boost, screams to enthusiasts "mod me!!!" You wouldn't build an engine like that if it wasn't homologated I be a performance platform. Subaru has a reputation to building the worlds greatest rally cars, they wouldn't just go back to the 2.0 for no reason. So your comment could have been more helpful if you posted something along the lines of my generous request that some mature individuals responded to already. Again, fan boy, no need to disrespect new users to boast your position on a forum. Thank you!
    I have edited the ad hominem attack out of your post.

Please read the forum rules. As stated, personal insults are not part of the forum.

Just to clarify: there is no current homologation for the motor of which you are so fond. It is a step in the right direction, being smaller and more efficient than the motor it replaces, and it uses more modern solutions.

The advice given to "chill out" was not a bad idea.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast