WRX IN SNOW? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX IN SNOW? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i just get worried the main reason i bought the car is for reliability in the snow...

i just get worried the main reason i bought the car is for reliability in the snow

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    No need to worry as long as your prepared.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Awesome in snow. With the right tires. Awesome. IMHO.

nice video that was what the dealer was saying in motion...winter tires seem like the only way to go..getting excited..do you know a website where i can see more of those types of videos?

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    People tend to overestimate the car's capability in inclement weather. The WRX is certainly better in snow (with snow tires) compared to a RWD vehicle. However, the WRX does not have locking differentials nor good ground clearance.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

but this cars AWD system is better than any other on the market dont you think? you think a nissan with snow tires and their awd will outperform a subuaru with the same? besides a jeep what is better with snow tires?

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by khederk222 View Post
    but this cars AWD system is better than any other on the market dont you think? you think a nissan with snow tires and their awd will outperform a subuaru with the same? besides a jeep what is better with snow tires?
    I completely disagree. This AWD system is one of the most low-tech on the market.

Subaru apparently has very effective advertising.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Montreal. Snow tires. My first winter with a Subaru and I didn't shovel even once.
    Snow-covered parking spaces are reserved for Subies.
    Snow mounds (from other people digging themselves out) are minor speedbumps.
    And, donuts.
    That is all.
    -Stephanie 2004 WRB WRX | Blobeye Syndicate Member #104
    "I can't see the Shoopster from here; I'll wait for you outside."
    Shoopsterbuild 2.1: Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. Now with premium 'menu' option!

i appreciate the honesty, i hope im not being brainwashed by the suburu cult, but at the same time I have seen tests against all cars and SUVs in the market, none outperforming subaru. every negative comment i get, a here from another canadian loving life haha keep it coming because I am still not 100% im getting close tho im 80% theres nothing better other than a jeep

or audi

i understand where your coming from DAX, however the Sti is really a race car, maybe reason for the bias?

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Most definitely get winter tires. Car will not stay on road with factory Dunlop's. I have Yokohama winter tires and they are excellent. I have 2 sets of wheels Summer and winter, if you have the means this is the way to go. All you need to switch is unbolt one set bolt other set on. This saves a bunch on mounting and balancing, not to mention wear on tires from being swapped.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

Quote Originally Posted by TownLine500 View Post
    Most definitely get winter tires. Car will not stay on road with factory Dunlop's. I have Yokohama winter tires and they are excellent. I have 2 sets of wheels Summer and winter, if you have the means this is the way to go. All you need to switch is unbolt one set bolt other set on. This saves a bunch on mounting and balancing, not to mention wear on tires from being swapped.
    I buy the four tires and the rims as well your saying? i could probably just get the tire itself where i work and they would put it on the rim right in front of me..if i go that route i will need to balance is what your saying?

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yes. If you remove tire from rim, when tire is put back on wheels need to be balanced. I opted to get a second set of wheels to avoid this. That and wear and tear from mounting and removing. My friend manages a tire store and gets me deals. I pay $10 bucks twice a year to switch wheels. Also if you get second set of flat black steel wheels and tires, you won't have to worry about damage in winter.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

Quote Originally Posted by khederk222 View Post
    but this cars AWD system is better than any other on the market dont you think? you think a nissan with snow tires and their awd will outperform a subuaru with the same?
    Wow don't go power bombing nissan like that. The Nissan GTR is AWD and outperforms any subaru anyday.
    2013 Subaru STI

I live in igloos and hunt seals with my pet polar bear Jean Claude Van Damme.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.