New 2015 WRX owner from N.C

This is a discussion on New 2015 WRX owner from N.C within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi to all. I am very happy to be in a WRX again after owning a 2002 bug-eye when I ...

New 2015 WRX owner from N.C

Hi to all. I am very happy to be in a WRX again after owning a 2002 bug-eye when I was 19(i'm 30 now). I bought this new rex as a gift to myself after having to go through brain surgery last month. I am doing fine now health wise and I realized life is short and I have wanted another wrx since I traded my bug-eye over 10 years ago so I pulled the trigger. This car drives very well and the handling/steering feels great compared to my other car(2013 civic si). Also just wondering if any other newbies thought nasioc was a pretty rude forum. I signed up yesterday but after reading some of the posts I felt it wasn't for me. Looking forward to this forum!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    awesome welcome back to the community. glad to hear you're doing well after the surgery!

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Welcome!! im in NC too! Enjoy you 15 rex!

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to ClubWRX!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome and congrats on the car! Glad to hear on the 'ol noggin. NASIOC is a bit "ruder" than here, but that's the nature of the internet. This is, on the whole, a more friendly community.

Obligatory: PICS NOW!
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Quote Originally Posted by carking10 View Post
    Hi to all. I am very happy to be in a WRX again after owning a 2002 bug-eye when I was 19(i'm 30 now). I bought this new rex as a gift to myself after having to go through brain surgery last month. I am doing fine now health wise and I realized life is short and I have wanted another wrx since I traded my bug-eye over 10 years ago so I pulled the trigger. This car drives very well and the handling/steering feels great compared to my other car(2013 civic si). Also just wondering if any other newbies thought nasioc was a pretty rude forum. I signed up yesterday but after reading some of the posts I felt it wasn't for me. Looking forward to this forum!
    Right on man, life is short, live it up I say. Grats on the car, it's a GD ball to drive. I had the same feeling over at NASIOC but yeah I guess that's pretty normal on the internets. Ppl here seem real nice though.

Welcome to the club! Most people here are kind hearted and are quick to help out.

Hi to all. I am very happy to be in a WRX again after owning a 2002 bug-eye when I was 19(i'm 30 now). I bought this new rex as a gift to myself after having to go through brain surgery last month. I am doing fine now health wise and I realized life is short and I have wanted another wrx since I traded my bug-eye over 10 years ago so I pulled the trigger. This car drives very well and the handling/steering feels great compared to my other car(2013 civic si). Also just wondering if any other newbies thought nasioc was a pretty rude forum. I signed up yesterday but after reading some of the posts I felt it wasn't for me.
    First of all Welcome & Congrats on the 2015 WRX! Glad to hear you made it through brain surgery! That's awesome news. Were you on 9thCivic.com when you had your Si?

As for Nasioc.... Yes they are hard on n00bs (I'm probably one of the ones that are hard on the n00bs lol) but it does have tons of information and the classifieds (for sale) sections are great! Did you have the same username on Nasioc as here?

Anyways ClubWRX is definitely more friendly (except for Zax!!)

Thanks to everyone for the welcome! I have only driven the car for about 200 miles and have been trying to stay under 4k rpm but I can say the handling is amazing. No body roll and it really eats up corners. Looking forward to that 1k mile mark.

Also I am still on 9th gen w/the same username because I still have my Si. I will be keeping it to do the bulk of my daily driving.

Also I am still on 9th gen w/the same username because I still have my Si. I will be keeping it to do the bulk of my daily driving.
    Awesome. I'm bootyluvr on 9thCivic. I'm not on 9thGenCivic. I don't like 9thGrnCivic.