Floor mats for my new 2015 WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Floor mats for my new 2015 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi everyone, I received my new 2015 WRX premium (silver, 6MT) last week and wanted to say hello to the ...

Floor mats for my new 2015 WRX

Hi everyone,
    I received my new 2015 WRX premium (silver, 6MT) last week and wanted to say hello to the community. This is my first Subaru and I'm hoping to keep it a while. It replaced my 2000 Nissan Maxima GLE (158,000 miles and still running good with some rust in the rear wheel wells). I’m looking forward to having the same experience with Subaru minus the rust! 😊

I would like to buy all-weather floor mats for my new car to protect the carpeting. Does anyone have any experience with the WeatherTech Digital Liner mats? How do they compare with Subaru's OEM floor mats? Which one would you recommend? I see the WeatherTech rear mats is one piece instead of two separate ones. Do you see that as unpractical? I appreciate your insight.
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hi there. Congrats on the STi. Post some pics. Here's a thread I created recently asking the same thing. Although for my 2013 STi.

Accessory recommendations..
    2013 Black STi Limited sedan

I got Husky liners, for my WRX, they look good and do the job. WeatherTech looks good too (got it for the Highlander), but it was not available at the time for WRX.

Thank you for your response and pointers to your posting; however my car is a 2015 WRX premium not a STI (I wish ��).

i find it funny how mine is not the premium and I got the regular and weather mats... must vary per dealer i guess.

Heck even a windshield sun visor

Kudos to Pembroke Subaru!

Oem mats are crap, buy the weather tech digital fit you will not be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by clamsjager View Post
    Oem mats are crap, buy the weather tech digital fit you will not be disappointed.
    +1

I've got them and they really help protect the carpet and keep the dirt out. A little pricy, but completely worth it. You get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by ssmaximuss View Post
    i find it funny how mine is not the premium and I got the regular and weather mats... must vary per dealer i guess.

Heck even a windshield sun visor

Kudos to Pembroke Subaru!
    The All-Weather mats sometimes come with cars. Depending on if the dealer ordered it that way or maybe someone ordered it that way and backed out. I would have ordered with the visor even for instance. How's the visor? The Subaru visor actually looks pretty heavy duty compared to some of the cheapy ones. But it better be at how much it costs.
    Last edited by grendels_wrx; 07-08-2014 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clamsjager View Post

Is the OEM cargo liner bad as well? I might as well order that from WeatherTech if so. Man it's a bit surprising how the performance/accessories that Subaru makes aren't very well thought of. Probably holds true for most manufacturers. Good enough stuff for the masses but can always do better.

I Support ClubWRX
    I had to have my weathertech floormats replaced after wearing out a couple of spots and they shipped me out a new front set and have great customer service. I wish I spend the extra on the digital they appear to be a little tougher and might last longer.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by grendels_wrx View Post
    The All-Weather mats sometimes come with cars. Depending on if the dealer ordered it that way or maybe someone ordered it that way and backed out. I would have ordered with the visor even for instance. How's the visor? The Subaru visor actually looks pretty heavy duty compared to some of the cheapy ones. But it better be at how much it costs.
    Man to be honest I've had the car for a week or so and it's been raining here in Miami every day, I just put the all weather in the front since I really don't get back passengers and haven't even opened the box of the visor. I'm waiting on a good day to detail the car...one day :/

I ordered WeatherTech mats, cargo tray and the Cargotech system last night. Looks interesting when I'm carrying groceries or something else in back.

Does anyone know where you can pick up a similar product to WeatherTech or Husky that suit Right Hand Drive 2015 WRX. Sand is a nightmare to get out of carpet and there is too much of that in Australia.
    Thanks!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX-2015 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I received my new 2015 WRX premium (silver, 6MT) last week and wanted to say hello to the community. This is my first Subaru and I'm hoping to keep it a while. It replaced my 2000 Nissan Maxima GLE (158,000 miles and still running good with some rust in the rear wheel wells). I’m looking forward to having the same experience with Subaru minus the rust! ��

I would like to buy all-weather floor mats for my new car to protect the carpeting. Does anyone have any experience with the WeatherTech Digital Liner mats? How do they compare with Subaru's OEM floor mats? Which one would you recommend? I see the WeatherTech rear mats is one piece instead of two separate ones. Do you see that as unpractical? I appreciate your insight.
    Thanks
    If the OEM all-weather mats are anything like they are for my '14 Forester, you're better off with the WeatherTech. The OEM mats are simply rubber mats. They don't have deep sides to prevent water from going onto your carpets. The WeatherTech mats go up the sides of the foot-well so if you get in with snow or something of that nature on your boots and it melts, it won't slosh around to your carpet. If you're looking to keep your OEM carpet clean, WeatherTech mats are going to be your best bet.
    “Fermentation may have been a greater discovery than fire.” - David Rains Wallace

2015 WRX - Crystal White Pearl
    2014 Forester 2.5i Premium - Dark Grey Metallic

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.