First car: 2011 Wrx Sedan - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on First car: 2011 Wrx Sedan within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by WRX-maniac Going stage 2. Stage 2 is really just a fancy way of saying that you have ...

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-maniac View Post

Going stage 2. Stage 2 is really just a fancy way of saying that you have a turbo-back exhaust, an intake, and a tune. But this is the first step many people take with our cars, and its a good jump in power. Based on your "wants" I would get the following: Invidia catted downpipe, Invidia N1 catback(very loud), AEM cold air intake, and the cobb accessport. Once installing all the parts you would flash the cobb stage 2 +aem map for which ever octane you use. (i.e. 91 or 93)
    +1. Do this and save the rest of the money. Stage 2 is likely perfect for you...it's a huge difference over stock.

I'd personally go with the Perrin catback...it's perfect but not as loud.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Catless downpipe and invidia n1. Everyone will hate you as you set off car alarms and wake up sleeping babies. However your class of 2015 will think youre super bad ass.

Go stage 2 next year then Stop

And welcome and congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by ajaxthecleaner25 View Post
    I really just don't understand where all these HS juniors and seniors are getting all this money from; if its not Mom and Dad (not saying that's how you got your car, but its usually the case). Sure, no bills to pay but i mean damn, its not like your getting that rex for $5K.
    Maybe the OP is a male prostitute or drug dealer?
    2013 Black STi Limited sedan

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-maniac View Post
    Personally I think that you should stay away from power mods for a WHILE. Invest in winter tires, then maybe some wheels, suspension components, bushings, and a short throw shifter. Tint the windows..... stuff like that. This car is plenty powerful enough for a 17 year old. You claim to be "responsible", however your username says differently. Im not trying to bust your balls kid. But 420Blazzin really only means one thing. If you arent mature and responsible enough to stay away from drugs then you likely arent mature or responsible enough to be driving a 300whp wrx. These are my opinions and i talk from experience. I work in law enforcement and ive seen kids behind the wheel of a car like these. More time than not it ends badly. Be safe out there, and um........ stop smoking pot. It doesnt make you any cooler.
    You are right, and btw I don't smoke pot the user name was the first thing that came to mind lol.

Chill folks. It's a username. I've seen worse usernames from 50 year olds... The questions posed as valid ones.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

Here's how I'm spending $5K on my recently purchased 2013 STi

1. Weathertech mats and cargo liner $350 total after shipping
    2. Pay part of this car insurances biannual payment for new car. I'm old clean driving record still aint cheap.
    3. Clear bra plus professional opticoat and detail. I'm guessing $2k
    4. Back to dealer to get entension of warranty that adds more to the certified car warranty $1600 or so
    5. Whatever my county wants to charge me for car tax for this years prorated tax. We have car tax in Virginia. Who knows maybe $500

There's $5k and nothing unnecessary. I may even return the Weathertech stuff. I haven't had time to enjoy the car. Worried so much about protecting it. Knowing the cost involved was one of the main reasons I held off buying for so long. I jumped and got a fair deal on an STi but damn if I ain't having some seconds thoughts. Car is a moneypit.
    Last edited by grendels_wrx; 07-10-2014 at 08:38 PM.
    2013 Black STi Limited sedan

You said that the car needs to pass inspection. I am not familiar with NJ laws, but an intake, down pipe and tune will likely be illegal.
    These parts are easy enough to revert back to stock for smog however.
    14 sedan Limited: AEM intake, Tomioka IC hose, Cobb AP V3, Invidia down pipe with 3" cat, custom 3" mandrel bent single exhaust, Aem air fuel gauge,Cobb knob,Perrin Pitch Stop mount, SPT front strut tower brace, K-Sport coilovers@1.5" drop.

07 Duramax LBZ- 26psi,intake, TBE, Diablosport programmer, Edge Insight with EGT, EGR block off, BD exhaust manifold, PPE fuel valve.

The first thing I did to my car was a good ceramic tint. I really wish I would of invested into a clear bra for the front end like recommended. I purchased my 2013 WRX off the lot brand new, and after 1 year I have some pretty bad rock chips on the front of my hood.

I would recommend these to you, coming from someone who is not listing these things because of your age, but because I have had my car for a year now and have some experience.

**EDIT**
    1. Snow tires
    2. Tint
    3.Clear bra on the front of the car (expensive, but will make the car stay pretty)
    4. Mud flaps
    5. Kartboy short shifter and bushings (really improves day to day driving experience of shifting)
    6. Catback exhaust system (it will fill your need to hear the growl, but will not increase performance or require any sort of tuning)

If you're really wanting power, skip the intake and keep it simple. Get a good downpipe (it's the pipe going down from the turbo of the car) and a good tune. Pro tuning, which is using a shop to put your car on a dyno and tune for you, is the best. This will put you in the "Stage 2" category and you'll notice a big difference in your cars overall acceleration and feel. An intake is not required for Stage 2, although it will make a "woosh" sound, it will not produce very large gains at all unless you're pushing for higher power levels.
    Last edited by steezle; 07-15-2014 at 02:02 PM.

Use money on alcohol and sloots.
    \_(ツ)_/
    Kunal - Ordered 2015 DGM WRX
    Photographer | Dancer | Tech Nerd | The Stink-Eye Mob #7
    First Mods: What and what not to do
    2011+ Big Mod Thread
    How to Buy a Used WRX or STI
    Complete USED WRX Buying Checklist

Quote Originally Posted by kprugbyplaya View Post
    Use money on alcohol and sloots.
    ^ I second this!

I Support ClubWRX
    Road trip to Colorado to justify you user name.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by 420Blazzin' View Post
    You are right, and btw I don't smoke pot the user name was the first thing that came to mind lol.
    Hi. You'd fit in perfectly out here (CO).

Anywho, get good winter tires. I use Bridgestone Blizzak ws70, 235/45/17. These are on sale right now for $138/tire.

It's no secret that the car's interior is cheap and doesn't hold up well over time, so protect it from mud/snow/salt/semen stains with WeatherTech floorliners (~$180) and get a cargoliner while you're at it (~$110).

Have clear bra installed on the hood/front of the car to protect your paint from rock chips ($400-600). Go to a reputable 3M Installer for this.

I'd hold off on the power mods until you get used to how your car handles. Otherwise you'll have nothing to compare to when you start to add more power. If you really want to bring out that loud boxer rumble, buy an exhaust and that's it. Focus on making the car your own... change out the shift knob, tint the windows, upgrade that horrid sound system. You'll be much happier in the long run. EVERYONE is stage 2 or more, so by not doing it right this second, you'll actually be the unique one because your car will be the golden virgin. There is a lot you need to research, learn, and understand about your car before adding more power. Unless you just really don't care whether or not it blows up. (~$$$!!)

You're welcome for the links.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.