new from LI, NY
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on new from LI, NY within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys I recently traded in my 2012 Camaro SS convertible for a 2012 Sti sedan. Reasons for trading in ...

new from LI, NY

Hey guys I recently traded in my 2012 Camaro SS convertible for a 2012 Sti sedan. Reasons for trading in ofcourse was one the gas milage sucked on the camaro was getting about 13mpg, and spending $70 every four days for gas. two it was my daily driver so during the winter time i got stuck plenty of times ending up late for work and almost smashing into people. three i needed more room and the four doors definitely help. i always have my friends in the car and this car is just perfect for what i need. anyway i already bought some mudflaps, a vortex generator and did a muffler delete with some massive 3.5" quad exhasut tips. here are some pics of my camaro i traded in, had it tuned to 450hp with bolt ons. and pics of the new sti...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That is one sharp looking STI not that the camaro was not.. Is that dark grey metal?

Yea it is dark gray and thanks

So what do ya think ??? Are you happy ????
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Two exceptionally different cars. The Camaro is an impressive performer in it's own right.

Welcome!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly stock 2015 STi - Seeking B-Stock supremacy
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon (SOLD)

Zach | Moderator | Now chock-full of more subforums! |
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Yea definitely happy with the sti. It's the best handling car I've ever driven and even tho the Camaro had more power it's not that big of a difference to me because i don't really drive fast. But I couldn't be happier with my decision and definitely excited about meeting up with some of you guys to check out your progress.

A little update I went stage 2 with Cobb catted dp, straight pipe catback, Cobb sf intake, Cobb ap v3 running 93 tune, bc coilovers, super pro sway bars and went wingless. Wheels coming soon. And other cosmetic stuff lip, side skirts, diffuser. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432755850.836049.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	206.2 KB 
ID:	201001Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432755862.451438.jpg 
Size:	205.9 KB 
ID:	201009Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432755876.519340.jpg 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	201017

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm curious what your gas mileage is. I'm getting like 15-16 MPG in my 2015 STi. I do primarily short-distance city driving so I know that's hurting my average.
    2016 World Rally Blue STi Limited
    2015 Galaxy Blue Pearl STi Limited (destroyed by dealer)
    2015 Crystal White Pearl WRX Base (early lease return, traded up into the STi)

my instagram

I'm averaging 17-22 I do mostly highway

something else forever Germz to Japz's Avatar
    Hello and welcome!

Amazing looking Camaro, especially with the debadged front and smoked rear lights, looks very mean. A buddy of mine had a similar front but kept his red "SS" badge to show-off to others haha.

With that said, nice switch, and glad you are liking the new Rex dude!
    Speak Your Mind & Let Me Know

something else forever Germz to Japz's Avatar
    Hate to bump but can you please let me know what is the name of your Vortex Generator (99% sure it's the SPT one but just wanna double-check) and Rear-Bumper Diffuser good sir?

Also, I can see your side-skirts are from Cobb but what about the front lip?

If you can post links or just give me the names that would be greatly appreciated!
    Speak Your Mind & Let Me Know

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome to the club. Nice STI and that's also a beautiful camaro. How are you digging the switch from rear to all wheel drive so far?

Stink-Eye Mob #864

My Garage:
    2013 WRX Hatch ISM - "Scrappy" - http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-hatch.html
    2004 Forester 2.5XS

"Turbos: Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster" - Jeremy Clarkson

nice car.. question what town is that? i like the houses lol.. i live in LI also.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by CMEJATT View Post
    nice car.. question what town is that? i like the houses lol.. i live in LI also.
    Even as we become a more global society every day, it's amazing that architectural preferences vary so widely from region to region. We don't have houses anything like that here in the Bay Area.

But we can all agree on one thing...Subaru!
    2016 World Rally Blue STi Limited
    2015 Galaxy Blue Pearl STi Limited (destroyed by dealer)
    2015 Crystal White Pearl WRX Base (early lease return, traded up into the STi)

my instagram

voidin warranty since 05 unseen's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    wonderful decision. looks beautiful. hope to see you around the island. keep it strong and eat lots of pizza.
    stinkeye member #976

2014 wrx hatch build

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...een-build.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.