Accessory recommendations..

This is a discussion on Accessory recommendations.. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys I'm looking to get some accessories to help keep my 2013 STi limited sedan clean. I usually like ...

Accessory recommendations..

Hey guys I'm looking to get some accessories to help keep my 2013 STi limited sedan clean. I usually like sticking with OEM stuff and all but if there's something better I'm open to it.

1. All weather mats. (anyone one better than Subaru one? Maybe goes up higher on the car so stuff won't go around it)
    2. Cargo tray (maybe one that can roll up and isn't a piece of carpet)
    3. A foldable cargo organizer. Not sure if the Subaru one is. (for like when lugging groceries so they don't roll all over in the back)
    4. Sunshade (anyone know a good fitting one that is far cheaper than the Subaru one?)
    5. Maybe the cargo nets. (Subaru ones a bit pricey)

Yes the above makes it sound like I'm an old man but I care about keeping the car clean first and places to put stuff

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Weathertech mats are very popular. I have the Subaru all weather mats. They came with the car. They aren't bad, but I'll probably go with weathertech when i have to replace them.
    I've also got the trunk mat which is also just fine. It's rubber, and it can be rolled if need be.
    I've got a basic universal sun shade. Fits fine and does it's job.

I Support ClubWRX
    I have had two sets of the subaru OEM rubber floor mats. I wish I had known about weathertech before. My sister has them in her truck and they are way better. Don't waste you money on the subaru ones. They might also make a cargo liner.

Yeah I've heard of WeatherTech but a bit higher priced. They probably look better. I think those are the ones that go higher up to avoid spillover better in comparison to the Subaru ones.

Quote Originally Posted by grendels_wrx View Post
    Yeah I've heard of WeatherTech but a bit higher priced. They probably look better. I think those are the ones that go higher up to avoid spillover better in comparison to the Subaru ones.
    They have the kind that go up the side, and they also have ones that don't

I Support ClubWRX
    These packages look awesome. Many to choose from. Might do this.

http://www.weathertech.com/subaru/20...dystyle/sedan/

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    These packages look awesome. Many to choose from. Might do this.

2011 Subaru Impreza / WRX / STI | Protection Packages | WeatherTech.com
    Almost $300 for the high up floor mats and the cargo tray? I know they are better than Subaru ones and nicer looking but that's double MSRP. The regular mats gets the price down to like $200.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    I have had two sets of the subaru OEM rubber floor mats. I wish I had known about weathertech before. My sister has them in her truck and they are way better. Don't waste you money on the subaru ones. They might also make a cargo liner.
    I also have the subaru winter floor mats. After this past winter, I spent more than an hour scrubbing salt crust from my carpet because the floor mats couldn't contain the mess. I recommend getting something else.
    David - '05 WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by grendels_wrx View Post
    Almost $300 for the high up floor mats and the cargo tray? I know they are better than Subaru ones and nicer looking but that's double MSRP. The regular mats gets the price down to like $200.
    Yup not cheap by any means, but you'll probably buy them at least half as often as the oem crap ones. Not trying to convince you to get these, rather just giving you experienced feedback in the hopes you'll not go through two sets and then come to the realization that there's a better product and then buy the better ones down the road anyway

(Also keep in mind I'm in Maine and probably beat the hell out of floor mats more than warmer clim folks do)

Quote Originally Posted by Obeisance View Post
    I also have the subaru winter floor mats. After this past winter, I spent more than an hour scrubbing salt crust from my carpet because the floor mats couldn't contain the mess. I recommend getting something else.

True as the heavy snow coming off your shoes and all will go over. I'm gonna find me some deal on em like on eBay or something.

Anybody ever get the window guard thing on their WRX/STi? I'm not a fan of those as you gotta stick em to your car but I see they make a package iwth em.

My all weather OEM Nissan Xterra mats have held up in terms of the rubber is in fine shape not worn out, been on car for over 80,000 miles at least. They aren't high up or anything but are the Subaru ones like paper thin rubber or something? Damn does Subaru make anything for the WRX/STi except the AWD?

Anything wrong with the regular Subaru wheel locks?

I'm not sure what the OEM all weather mats look like for the 15, but they look pretty decent for the 14. I had them on my 06 Legacy and they were great so I ordered them with my wife's 14FXT. Hers suck and I wish I would have known that. I got the Weathertech digital fit liners for my 14 WRX and they are very nice. Paired them with the OEM cargo mat.
    I have a Subaru sun shade that fits great in my car but not my wife's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk