CWP coming in :)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on CWP coming in :) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello. Long-time enthusiast, (soon-to-be) first time Subie owner. Have been test driving a few times the past couple of weeks ...

CWP coming in :)

Hello. Long-time enthusiast, (soon-to-be) first time Subie owner.

Have been test driving a few times the past couple of weeks and finally put my deposit in for a '15 WRX, 6spd, limited with HK/nav. I was given a VON and VIN, the car is arriving later this month.

This is the first time i've driven a stick in nearly 20 years, so i was a bit rusty. But i guess it's like riding a bicycle, eh? I wasn't expected the clutch to engage so low to the floor, so it took a few tries to get in gear or get a smooth start. Thankfully, no stalling! I test drove a couple of VW's prior to this --- those were incredibly easy by comparison, but i'm not complaining. Something about the WRX... raw yet restrained.

Silly question, but is ClubWRX the best place to mingle with fellow owners? I'm still getting a hang for how this forum is set-up -- there doesn't seem to be a dedicated '15 section. One of my criteria for owning a vehicle these days, is to have a good online community. Based on feedback, seems like you folks are it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX is a pretty solid, supportive community for the most part with a good handful of people that know what the f*** they're talking about. Much friendlier and more accessible here than some of the other forums.

Don't forget to post up in your regional forum, too; it's just down the page.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome and congrats on the car purchase. This is my first Subaru as well and I have not been disappointed. I'm sure you'll get the hang of shifting again, I think any new performance oriented car will take some time to learn the clutch engagement locations.

I'd say this forum is by far the best for WRX owners, definitely the most respectful out of the lot. There is no dedicated 2015 section here, but more relevant threads have 2015 in the title. If you can't find what you're looking for in the search, dont be afraid to post here. I think it's the most active for the 2015 models.

Welcome & Congrats!

Where are you located?

Thanks for the welcome, folks.

Zataks, just checked out my regional... it's so empty, lol!

gizmo, Thanks for the thread link. That's a beautiful color you've got there, btw. Reminds me a lot of my old Majestic Blue 5th gen Maxima.

96accord, i'm in Texas. Not your typical market for AWD vehicles. I've seen the crash ratings on the WRX and it'll be great for my growing family.

p.s. Is the ECU problem reported by a few posters a widespread problem? At least two reports are for STI's, would the non-STI's be any different given it's a completely different engine?

Congrats and welcome to the club

Quote Originally Posted by smike View Post
    I wasn't expected the clutch to engage so low to the floor, so it took a few tries to get in gear or get a smooth start.
    I go from my car, to a 10-speed Mack, and back to my car on a daily basis. I know how you feel!

Quote Originally Posted by BluEco View Post
    I go from my car, to a 10-speed Mack, and back to my car on a daily basis. I know how you feel!
    Yikes. I remember when i was young, one of my dad's truck drivers had me try driving an 18-wheeler at the yard and i could never get a hang of it!

On an upnote, looks like the car is almost 2 weeks early. Got an updated ETA of next week! I hope everything falls in place and i spend next weekend playing catch-up on stick driving.

Yikes. I remember when i was young, one of my dad's truck drivers had me try driving an 18-wheeler at the yard and i could never get a hang of it!
    They are definitely something to get used to. I'm far from a pro, I miss many, many shifts still.

96accord, i'm in Texas. Not your typical market for AWD vehicles. I've seen the crash ratings on the WRX and it'll be great for my growing family.
    AWD vehicles sell all over the place. Quite a bit of Subaru owners live in states that do not have bad weather. People enjoy the car overall so they buy them I hate snow but living in Maryland we get it at times during our winters. Of course I hope we don't get it tho lol

Looks like this is a no-go. The car arrived Thursday, and i was very excited about it.

But, alas, the trade on my vehicle was so low (by a magnitude of $5k below any online appraisals i based my budget on.) Desperate, i tried getting appraisals from a few other local stores, but could not get anything better.

So, it looks like i'm going to have to give up this dream for now.

Have you checked with Carmax? If there is one in your area, they tend to pay a bit higher than dealers and they will pay you on the spot. Or you can try Craigslist private party sale. It may take time though.

Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.