New wrx owner
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New wrx owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello all, first time owner of '15 wrx CPW here. Been lurking for a while and can tell its a ...

New wrx owner

Hello all, first time owner of '15 wrx CPW here. Been lurking for a while and can tell its a friendly community. Cars in transit at the moment, hopefully monday it will be delivered from what they told me. This will be my first manual car so any tips are welcomed.

One question i do have is if its worth it to get the extra warranty the dealer offers? i think it was like 3yrs/38k miles. The way he explained it is that its cheaper than the 15k/30k tune ups youll end up needing and since its a turbo car that its even more importan and you have to get them at 15/30k.

Ill post pictures when i finally have it for you guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Renthall View Post
    Hello all, first time owner of '15 wrx CPW here. Been lurking for a while and can tell its a friendly community. Cars in transit at the moment, hopefully monday it will be delivered from what they told me. This will be my first manual car so any tips are welcomed.

One question i do have is if its worth it to get the extra warranty the dealer offers? i think it was like 3yrs/38k miles. The way he explained it is that its cheaper than the 15k/30k tune ups youll end up needing and since its a turbo car that its even more importan and you have to get them at 15/30k.

Ill post pictures when i finally have it for you guys
    i got the extra warranty with my '14 to be on the safe side. was 800

Are you referring to the extended warranty or a maintenance package? They are two different things.
    I skipped on the maintenance packages on both my WRX and my wife's FXT. If I had to do it over again I'd still skip the maintenance package on my car, but I would have gotten it for my wife's since hers is a lease.
    I didn't get an extended warranty on the FXT because again, it's a lease. I did get an extended warranty on my WRX because it was only $500.

Oh, and congrats! I'm sure you'll love it. If I hadn't wanted a hatch I probably would have waited for a 15 myself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by soloz2; 06-29-2014 at 06:47 PM.

Welcome & Congrats on the 2015!

I hope mine comes in by August

Quote Originally Posted by soloz2 View Post
    Are you referring to the extended warranty or a maintenance package? They are two different things.
    I skipped on the maintenance packages on both my WRX and my wife's FXT. If I had to do it over again I'd still skip the maintenance package on my car, but I would have gotten it for my wife's since hers is a lease.
    I didn't get an extended warranty on the FXT because again, it's a lease. I did get an extended warranty on my WRX because it was only $500.

Oh, and congrats! I'm sure you'll love it. If I hadn't wanted a hatch I probably would have waited for a 15 myself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, the extended maintenance package. I paid like 800 basically for it and got it since he made it seem like a good deal and that id need for the 15/30k maintenance. Being the newb i was to subaru i said yes though...is that bad? lol

Yeah, the extended maintenance package. I paid like 800 basically for it and got it since he made it seem like a good deal and that id need for the 15/30k maintenance. Being the newb i was to subaru i said yes though...is that bad? lol
    extended maintenance was what i was referring to above. that's what cost me 800. im on a lease if that helps.

I Support ClubWRX
    If you were planning on using the dealer for these services then it is about the same price you would pay anyway. If you were going to do the services yourself then it is a rip off.

Attachment 156889 Aaaaaand it got scratched already...;;

So hard driving it knowing its there lol... /sigh
    Other than that having a lot of fun driving and getting to know/learn my new car
    Got tint done and still have to install the LED's from Subiespeed

Attachment 156913
    Attachment 156897
    Attachment 156905

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.