New to me 2011 Sti

This is a discussion on New to me 2011 Sti within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, just a newb question (newb in regards to the fact that i dont know car upgrades. my old ...

New to me 2011 Sti

Hey guys, just a newb question (newb in regards to the fact that i dont know car upgrades. my old 09 wrx was pre supped.) anyways, considering a cold air to put nito my STI, any tips on where to go to get this? or if this should be done as a starting point. only work thats been done to this car was the sound system...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Cobb (short ram), AEM, and Perrin are popular intakes. The Cobb and AEM can be tuned with the cobb off the shelf maps, and Perrin can be tuned with a Perrin map (off the shelf through Perrin, although I am not sure if they design maps anymore), pro, or e-tune. You will want to tune your car for any intake modification that you make.

Welcome

i would say leave the intake alone and just upgrade the filter its already a cold air so why change it just my 2cents

Quote Originally Posted by mynewbeater View Post
    i would say leave the intake alone and just upgrade the filter its already a cold air so why change it just my 2cents
    Ive looked more into what 11blackSTI was saying and im seeing a general 10 whp boost from the new cold air intake. and i dont think the 11s come stock with the cold air. just a standard air filter.