Proud owner of a 2015 WRX

This is a discussion on Proud owner of a 2015 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello guys new member here and new to the subaru family. I've owned many cars overs the years, a 280z, ...

Proud owner of a 2015 WRX

Hello guys new member here and new to the subaru family. I've owned many cars overs the years, a 280z, mazda miata, an e30 bmw and plenty of hondas in between. However they have all been used and i needed to get myself a new car to scratch that "i want a new car" itch. It also happens to be my first turbo and first awd car. So far im in love with the car, i love everything about it. Its a base model with the sti short throw shifter. As far as i know its the only 6 speed manual wr blue in the city (dealer said there was a 4 month waiting list to get a special ordered one) and my subaru dealership is quiet small and only one i the city. Hope to enjoy my stay here
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20140618_224427.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Hi blue looks nice! I had a 280Z also. Good times.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

So Clean!
    I had a '77 280Z and drove it every day for 6 years and doubled my money. Not so with my various turbo Saabs.

Congrats man, enjoy her!

It's also my first rex, up from a 10' Lancer GT > 13' Hyundai VT > to this bad boy. I'm still breaking mine in, only 250 miles on the ODO but I'm taking it easy. But again enjoy the car for that it is and keep us posted on mods!

So far I have roughly 340 miles since I got it on the 18. I'm taking it essy on the car with the occasional gas pedal punch (boost is addicting lol) as far as mods go, my first mod will be s bov. Though I'm guessing its gonna be a few months before the after market picks up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinchi_WRX View Post
    So far I have roughly 340 miles since I got it on the 18. I'm taking it essy on the car with the occasional gas pedal punch (boost is addicting lol) as far as mods go, my first mod will be s bov. Though I'm guessing its gonna be a few months before the after market picks up.
    You don't want a BOV, it will throw off your a/f ratios. Look for a bypass valve, or recirculation valve, if you really want to change the stock one to get more noise.

Quote Originally Posted by trama View Post
    So Clean!
    I had a '77 280Z and drove it every day for 6 years and doubled my money. Not so with my various turbo Saabs.
    I had a 77 as well. I think that year they started the louvered hood.

To the thread starter that thing looks sharp in the lights in blue. I havent been a fan of the new WRX but that is nice.

Welcome to the club!

Welcome and Congrats! WRBP FTW

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo0034 View Post
    You don't want a BOV, it will throw off your a/f ratios. Look for a bypass valve, or recirculation valve, if you really want to change the stock one to get more noise.
    ^ This x1000. BOV should NOT be your first (OR EVER) mod!

welcome

Thanks for the welcome guys as far as me wanting a bov, well im gonna be honest as childish as it may seem i seriously love the "pshhh" sound. But if there is a safer alternative im all up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinchi_WRX View Post
    Thanks for the welcome guys as far as me wanting a bov, well im gonna be honest as childish as it may seem i seriously love the "pshhh" sound. But if there is a safer alternative im all up for it.
    I see nothing wrong with enjoying engine noises. You will hear the stock recirc value much more if you decide to get an aftermarket intake. Keep in mind that any kind of intake will require a tune for this car. On my previous car, a K&N intake plus the OEM BPV was a better sound than any aftermarket BPV I tried.