Wanting a '15 WRX - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Wanting a '15 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by jeholloway I drove WRX stick today (2015) Accardi Subaru in South Florida. I noticed it had a ...

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jeholloway View Post
    I drove WRX stick today (2015) Accardi Subaru in South Florida. I noticed it had a flat spot around 5k rpm. Is that correct? Does the STI have same flat spot? I asked them if I could test drive an STI when it arrives in two weeks and they said probably not unless I work a deal first. So is it normal to have the car just run out of steam at 5k RPM in 1st and 2nd gear??
    Peak torque in the STi is closer to redline than the WRX, but the the WRX builds torque quicker than the STi.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo0034 View Post
    I haven't reved that high in mine yet, but my mazdaspeed 3 would run out of steam at 2k in first.
    Actually, the powerband in the 2015 WRX reminds me very much of the powerband in the MS3. Incidentally, ours is for sale... Want to buy another one?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Peak torque in the STi is closer to redline than the WRX, but the the WRX builds torque quicker than the STi.
    I know this is verified through all of the dynos, but is it true through all of the gears? I actually dont know how gearing works so I'm curious.

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Actually, the powerband in the 2015 WRX reminds me very much of the powerband in the MS3. Incidentally, ours is for sale... Want to buy another one?
    I agree, they feel very similar. Although the first gear in the WRX isn't as useless as the MS3 was ha. I've been trying to convince my brother to buy a used MS3 but he's such a cheapskate and wants to drive his civic into the grave.

Well, this kind of went sideways.

Anyways, I had my loan approved and my TC appraised. The car I want should be in on the 25th. I have a title issue with my current car that is awaiting resolve... so unless I can sell a car that's on a lien without a title, I'll just have to wait it out and hope no one else buys the car I want. Or just wait it out for the next perfect one to come around (I'm impatient).

Quote Originally Posted by nomx View Post
    Well, this kind of went sideways.

Anyways, I had my loan approved and my TC appraised. The car I want should be in on the 25th. I have a title issue with my current car that is awaiting resolve... so unless I can sell a car that's on a lien without a title, I'll just have to wait it out and hope no one else buys the car I want. Or just wait it out for the next perfect one to come around (I'm impatient).

Don't rush be patient and make sure it's the car you want. If not you'll do what I did rush into a 2013 xv crosstrek when I should have awaited a month and they had the 2013 special edition wrx show up. :l

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge83 View Post
    Don't rush be patient and make sure it's the car you want. If not you'll do what I did rush into a 2013 xv crosstrek when I should have awaited a month and they had the 2013 special edition wrx show up. :l
    Really like that Orange huh?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Based on cost and features, the one coming on the 25th has everything I want except the auto-dimming mirror, which can be purchased aftermarket (or I could even have the dealer throw one in there).

If I was rushing, I probably would have ended up with a base model or a silver one (yuck) already. I'm so excited for it to come in and very anxious at the same time because of the title issue. I hope with all hopes that it comes in the mail this next week before my appraisal expires. I don't know if I would want orange... the only thing that interests me about it is being different from other ones.

I think if it ends up that I can't pick up this one that I want, I will just have one ordered. The extra time may lower my appraisal, but then I can guarantee I get what I want.

Edit: Aren't I a barrel of misfortune, or just not quite on top of things the way I should be. Went to call the sales to put a deposit on the car, and the credit card I was going to use expired in February (shows how much I use it) and I guess they never sent me a new one. Called them up and they said it was sent in March but never activated, so they're reissuing me a new card number and expediting the shipment. If only they would take a check.
    Last edited by nomx; 07-05-2014 at 05:26 PM.

Deposit is placed and car is reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by nomx View Post
    Deposit is placed and car is reserved.
    Good work. Color?

Green

GPB Limited with NAV and short throw shifter. Hoping I can get them to add an auto-dimming mirror onto it, but I don't think this dealer installs any accessories themselves. I might go to one of the other dealer or to a shop and just have them throw one in there.

Just picked it up tonight. Will get some pictures tomorrow hopefully.

Will hopefully get some better ones soon. My phone sucks for pictures.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wrxphoto3.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	120.1 KB 
ID:	158393

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123