New to WRX 2014 hatch first time at drags
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New to WRX 2014 hatch first time at drags within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone I got my 2014 earlier this month and just went through the Steel Valley Supernationals in Salem OH. ...

New to WRX 2014 hatch first time at drags

Hey everyone I got my 2014 earlier this month and just went through the Steel Valley Supernationals in Salem OH. There was 15 or so WRX cars at the track and for the first time in my 20+ years of driving I decided to go down the track. Here is what I learned over the weekend and on my five runs. 1. Tuning and launch control I need this if I ever run the WRX again. 2. The best method I found to launch an untuned stock WRX is to slip the clutch. My first run was a blistering 15.7 at 86 mph. This was my very first quarter mile run on a legal track. Through the weekend I got my time down to 14.1 at 94 mph so I was pretty impressed with that. I'm sure the right driver could break into the 13's pretty easy. Anyway at some point I'm going to get the COBB thing going. There was another WRX owner that told me of a dyno tune shop but can't remember. If anyone in the NE Ohio area knows of any reputable tuning and or dyno shops the info would be much appreciated. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice, is the car even broken in yet? ??
    Stock wrx drag time is 13.5.
    Rev to 5500, quickly release clutch at the beginning of boost. Shift before redline.
    Stage 2 should get you into the high 12s if you do it perfectly, depending on altitude.

Welcome! ! Get an accessport!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

It is broken in now I would say had almost 2k on it when I took it there. Shift how far before redline? I was shifting at redline and hit the limiter twice in 3rd gear. I'm sure with some practice I could get into the 13 range. I saw a 2008 wrx run 12.57 twice not sure what was done to it but I need me some launch control before next year. Thanks for the advice much appreciated

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.