Total Noob- Help?

This is a discussion on Total Noob- Help? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey All, I'm pretty much as new as they get. I just bought my very first car three days ago. ...

Smile Total Noob- Help?

Hey All,

I'm pretty much as new as they get. I just bought my very first car three days ago. It's a beautiful 2014 Subaru WRX. Because my experience is lacking, I thought I would join this forum and get some advice on how to best care for my new car. Also, I am just learning to drive a standard transmission and was wondering if anyone had any pointers for a noob such as myself.

I'm excited to learn all about my car and everything I can!

Thanks for any and all help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

Drive the car as much as possible and stay off busy roads (to the extent you can) at least until you get the basics down. Read your manual front to back. Then read it again. Wave to other subarus.

Practice. just go into an empty parking lot with little harzards around and practice starting and stopping and feeling where the clutch point is. after acouple weeks you should be driving pretty normal. Your not going to master your car right away but the more you drive it the better you will get. Then you can practice shifting and getting your smoothness down, then practice downshifting and rev matching. You will make mistakes everyone does when they first learn but once you get it down there is no better feeling. im assuming your car is in break in too? so make sure and not us cruise control or keep at the same speed and rpm and don't go above 4000 rpm for 1000 miles. Best of luck with the new car.
    2013 Subaru STI

Search the site, numerous topics on driving a stick, and car care. Congrats on your new WRX !! Enjoy !!!!
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

Welcome to clubwrx! Congrats on your new WRX! Another thing I would like to note is that alot of people that never have owned this kind of car before will mistakingly put 87 octane in the car. Read your owners manual thoroughly and know that these cars run on premium gas only. (i.e. 91 or 93 octane) And Im sure you will catch on the the clutch thing pretty quick!
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread