insurance
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on insurance within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello, Someone posted that one thing they don't like about WRXs is that their insurance goes up as they get ...

insurance

Hello,

Someone posted that one thing they don't like about WRXs is that their insurance goes up as they get older.
    Is this true?
    I've always had insurance get cheaper with age. (until just now) I have a 2012 Ram 1500 and my insurance just went up $3/month and I'm having them check into why. I've had no tickets or damages. If my insurance goes up on a truck and this is a theme, I'm a little more hesitant to buy a sports car if they up rates because other owners are out wrecking their cars.

What do you all think? (I'm with state farm)
    ~Josh

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thats interesting did you ask why? mine isn't bad and i have had acouple speeding tickets before i bought my radar detector. its 170 a month(and hasn't gone up at'll) for a brand new 2013 Sti. sometimes from what i've heard is they offer you really low premium then slowly over the years they increase your rate to make up for offering such a low payment. Insurance rates can change at anytime without reason really but when that happens its best to shop around and see if you can go lower. I went from geicko(220$ per month) to state farm(170$ per month plus renters insurance).
    2013 Subaru STI

I live in igloos and hunt seals with my pet polar bear Jean Claude Van Damme.

Only $3 a month? Probably some BS fees or something... but IMO, hardly anything to worry about, its $3.

I just went from a 2011 Nissan Sentra to a 2014 WRX Hatch and my insurance went down... by $43 a month. I was shocked, but I'm not complaining.

I'm at $54.00 a month and ironically 54 years old ... hhhmmm
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

54 a month! you definetely have me beat, but i do live in place where its pretty harzardous to drive and everything is more expensive in alaska so that may be why. I had 2007 Cobalt SS before the STi and it was only 100 a month.
    2013 Subaru STI

I commute near Boston for work... which is hazardous in it's own right ... lol, but agreed, AK is expensive.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

My Mazda3(no turbo) was 148.. i have 3 tickets and im 24.
    When i was going to buy a wrx it was going to go down to 114
    But i bought the STi and it only went up 1 dollar from my mazda 3.

I was confused but okay with it.
    I have USAA and live in Salt Lake
    Last edited by Infamouszoltan; 06-20-2014 at 08:17 AM.
    When did we stop being who we want to be, and start being the person the world told us to be...

Stink Eye Mob #801
    Instagram: Infamouszoltan
    InfamousZoltanSTi

I pay 158 for full coverage on my '15 wrx and '12 hybrid xle Camry while also holding just liability on my 87 4runner 4x4.
    I use progressive.
    And I'm 41

I pay 498 every 6 months, 1 speeding ticket and im 22 for a new WRX premium. Full coverage with 500 collision and 1k comprehensive in florida.

Went up from a 2004 galant and up from a 2006 ls2 GTO

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

alright now i'm convinced alaska just has way higher premiums haha
    2013 Subaru STI

If you think Alaska is bad, come to California. We have more uninsured drivers that insured it seems (judging by that everyone I know who has been in an accident, was involved with the other party not being insured) and our premiums reflect that since it would be stupid to not carry uninsured /under-insured motorist. =(

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Texas is the exact same as Cali when it comes to uninsured drivers.
    Lately the law has been changed and enforced that if you don't have insurance and get pulled over.....you go straight to jail.
    Then once out of jail when u get insurance the premiums are sky high.

Now uninsured motorist can get insured through fly by night companies for $29 a month.....places like Ignacio's Insurance emporium, Leroy's Liability Lyceum, and Dollar General

I pay 103 a month and I am in Kansas, not looking forward to how much it will be when I move back home to Louisiana after the military. (Louisiana has one of the highest insurance premiums in the country.)

$140 a month for full coverage with broadform collision on a '15 WRX and '07 Pilot from GEICO. I live in Michigan.

I searched around when buying the WRX and everyone, except GEICO was $250 per month! Previous insurance, State Farm, Progressive, Allstate and locale places. All were about $250 per month.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.