Question from a new guy
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Question from a new guy within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys I have a quick question for you. I ordered a borla exhaust for my 14 wrx hatch which ...

Question from a new guy

Hey guys I have a quick question for you. I ordered a borla exhaust for my 14 wrx hatch which should be in tomorrow. Before I install it, I wanted to ask if I should get new exhaust gaskets to install with it. The car only has 1200 miles on it so I figured I could just reuse my "old" ones. Worst case scenario I could just clean the old ones and use some rtv. If you are on the side of getting new gaskets, which ones should I get (new stock, after market, etc).

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You could probably re-use the old ones, but I would just replace them. It would be easier to just put new ones on while you are installing the exhaust rather than have to take it apart again later if you find a leak. Just go to your local subaru and pick up some OEM ones. They should have them on hand and are not very expensive. I have a few just laying around in case.

EXHAUST. MUFFLER '11MY-.. Fits: 2014 Subaru Impreza WRX WAGON 2.5L TURBO 5MT 4WD | Subaru Online Parts

I was looking at that site and I just wanted to verify the gaskets I would need would be: 44284xb and 44385

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.