New Owner of 2015 WRX and another one on order
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New Owner of 2015 WRX and another one on order within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What's up everyone! So almost a month ago my wife bought me a silver 2015 WRX Premium. When we went ...

New Owner of 2015 WRX and another one on order

What's up everyone! So almost a month ago my wife bought me a silver 2015 WRX Premium. When we went to the dealership I was looking for the dark gray one. Since they didn't have one they gave me a deal on the silver one and ordered the dark gray one exactly how I want it. Basically they said when the dark gray one arrives I bring back the silver one and call it even. They'll certify it used and they're banking they'll be able to sell it same day/week. The dark gray one arrives first week of August.

So in the meantime I'm really enjoying myself driving the silver one. It gives me chance to familiarize myself with driving a manual again. It's been over 16yrs since I had a manual car. I'm taking really good car of it too. I'm breaking it in really nice not trying to go over 4k RPM but you know, sometimes you just gotta. LOL I'll be sure to reset the boost peak before returning the car

There is one issue that I'm having with the radio. Has anyone received the message on the screen, "Please Check Audio System"? I called the dealer and spoke to a tech and he said he's never heard of that. The message eventually goes away but it's a little alarming.

I'll post pics of the car and the radio message when I can.

Thanks for reading!

Taking the car home:

Somethings wrong with the radio:

Last edited by sacnvz; 06-20-2014 at 02:55 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That's awesome! Its amazing how quickly these cars are selling at the dealership.

Sweet deal. You basically get to practice your stick shift skills on someone else's future car. Haha..

Exactly! Like I said I'm having so much fun with the current car I have now. The only downside is when I make the swap to the DGM I'll have to go through a break-in period all over again.

So after having owned the WRX now for a month. Yesterday I ordered a black STI. Waiting for my sales guy to send me a copy of the order. Now I'll probably have to wait another 2 mos. LOL Life is rough....

I had that check audio system come on today ,did you ever find out the cause?

Seems shady..

They said when the DGM WRX comes in you can call it even and give them back the ISM WRX with 1-2k miles? I find that hard to believe. Do you have that documented? Written and signed?

So then 2 weeks ago you canceled your DGM WRX order and ordered a Black STi? And during this whole process you get to drive around in the '15 ISM WRX?

Wow. Are you related to someone at the dealership? Did you put a down payment on either the WRX or STi on order?

Seems shady. Very weird the dealer would allow you to do this

That's how I feel. :-/
    Last edited by 96accord; 07-08-2014 at 05:20 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Could it be that something is overheating with the stereo causing the system to not turn on?
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

lol not related to anyone at the dealership. when I was in the finance office I had them document that they would take back the silver one.

when I get home tonight I can upload pics of the order for both cars. last I checked the DGM WRX was supposed to arrive this week. I'm not sure if they'll call me though since I have the STI on order.

I had the radio msg come on again today. it was the first time in a few weeks. I never had it checked put because the dealership is too far to bring it in. the only thing I can think of is the temperature outside. the times that it comes on its in the 100s outside.

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    Could it be that something is overheating with the stereo causing the system to not turn on?
    so even though I get the check audio message the radio is still on and it doesn't sound any different.

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    Seems shady..

They said when the DGM WRX comes in you can call it even and give them back the ISM WRX with 1-2k miles? I find that hard to believe. Do you have that documented? Written and signed?

So then 2 weeks ago you canceled your DGM WRX order and ordered a Black STi? And during this whole process you get to drive around in the '15 ISM WRX?

Wow. Are you related to someone at the dealership? Did you put a down payment on either the WRX or STi on order?

Seems shady. Very weird the dealer would allow you to do this

That's how I feel. :-/
    Here's the copy of the order for both the DGM WRX and went with black in the STI.

Im intrigued . How is the dealer allowing you to put that STI on hold and let you hold onto that ISM for another month? Theyll get a 3k mile car back for zero profit and sell it for less than they bought it for. Unless they made a killing on you.
    I demand updates!
    Congrats on the cars tho. The STI motor is different than the wrx motor. Im curious as to if you'll like it or not now that you drove the FA20.

Quote Originally Posted by 386WRX View Post
    Im intrigued . How is the dealer allowing you to put that STI on hold and let you hold onto that ISM for another month? Theyll get a 3k mile car back for zero profit and sell it for less than they bought it for. Unless they made a killing on you.
    I demand updates!
    Congrats on the cars tho. The STI motor is different than the wrx motor. Im curious as to if you'll like it or not now that you drove the FA20.
    The used cars sales manager said that when I bring back the ISM they'll certify it. Then he said he was confident he'll be able to sell it within a week. I'm not trippin! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 386WRX View Post
    I agree with you. It's definitely fishy that this dealership (I see it's in California) is allowing this. I wonder how many other people they allowed to do this.. :/

Quote Originally Posted by sacnvz View Post
    The used cars sales manager said that when I bring back the ISM they'll certify it. Then he said he was confident he'll be able to sell it within a week. I'm not trippin! LOL
    I understand that the 2015 WRX's are VERY popular and I'm assuming you live in California by the Sold Order Summary (says ship to CA) so I know they will definitely sell it quickly but I just don't understand this dealership.

I mean it's awesome for you! SMH

I'm intrigued to see the documentation where they state they will take the car back at the price you paid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast