I'm new and WTF!!!!! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on I'm new and WTF!!!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; man, i am sorry to hear about your troubles. I know the feeling some what after watching my buddy's 2012 ...

Registered User ajaxthecleaner25's Avatar
    man, i am sorry to hear about your troubles. I know the feeling some what after watching my buddy's 2012 wrx blow up on him at 12k.

so what is your plan for the car? if you have the budget, get a DP and go protune. if not, go stock intake (don't even look at the injen intake and throw it in the basement corner) and be happy although i don't know if the spt exhaust requires a slight tune or not.

what do you guys think?
    2015 Limited WRX on order . . . JUST GET HERE ALREADY!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If like you said is true and they warrantied the car as is then you should not be out of pocket for anything, rather just out a car, which sucks. Good luck!

yeah if the engine needs to be replaced your looking at a solid 2-4 weeks without. i just went through it and now 600 miles into break in. no bueno
    2013 Subaru STI

I live in igloos and hunt seals with my pet polar bear Jean Claude Van Damme.

I dont plan to do anything to crazy, origionally all i wanted was intake exhaust and a slight tune for i little more uumphfff.
    I thought about downpipe but still unsure on that as of now.. im sure later i will want more speed(it always happens) and then i may do more...
    Aside from that just some looks!

I Luckly i called mazda and gave them a few choice words and they gave me a mazda to drive till i get my car back.

Funny story, i sell my mazda 3, buy the STi, it breaks, now im in a rental mazda 3.. I cant get away!! haha

Quote Originally Posted by Jbravo_AK View Post
    yeah if the engine needs to be replaced your looking at a solid 2-4 weeks without. i just went through it and now 600 miles into break in. no bueno
    isnt it 1000 miles to break in the new motor?

Exactly thats why i said im at 600 into break in for the second time ughhhh.
    2013 Subaru STI

I live in igloos and hunt seals with my pet polar bear Jean Claude Van Damme.

Exactly thats why i said im at 600 into break in for the second time ughhhh.
    Thats terrible!! i hate the break in period

Well in that case i think your golden if you bought the warranty when you bought the car. its the dealers problem if they didnt notice it had aftermarket parts(happens more than you would think). You could use a OTS on the accesport or take it to a performance shop and have them tune it for you. Trust me i know, i had to have my engine replaced not even a month ago on my 13 Sti and it would have been expensive as heck.
    Get it repaired and running properly before you consider any kind of mapping or engine related mods. If the intake is causing the problem then get them to replace that as well. The moment you do any kind of tune on that car the engine problems becomes yours and not that of the warranty provider.

Registered User ajaxthecleaner25's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamouszoltan View Post
    I dont plan to do anything to crazy, origionally all i wanted was intake exhaust and a slight tune for i little more uumphfff.
    I thought about downpipe but still unsure on that as of now.. im sure later i will want more speed(it always happens) and then i may do more...
    Aside from that just some looks!

I Luckly i called mazda and gave them a few choice words and they gave me a mazda to drive till i get my car back.

Funny story, i sell my mazda 3, buy the STi, it breaks, now im in a rental mazda 3.. I cant get away!! haha
    After reading this, I agree with Raven. Replace the intake back to stock, and enjoy the car at basically stock. When you want to void warranty and have the money to spend on PROPER modding/tuning then you will. But for now, run it stock and enjoy the car, whenever you get it back.
    2015 Limited WRX on order . . . JUST GET HERE ALREADY!

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Injen has been reported to be the furthest from the stock MAFv scaling by multiple sources.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    This may to be the case here, and honestly all we can do is speculate about how this happened in the first place, whether it wasn't tuned properly or not tuned at all. What I can say is that I have heard of some dealerships (non-Subaru) getting a modded WRX/STI on trade and flashing the stock MAP back on the car while leaving the the aftermarket parts on. But I feel that most dealers would know better than to do this.

So it seems that, unfortunately, you are the prime example as to why we recommend do anyone to try and find a stock WRX/STI. No offense to you, but this is just bad luck. You ended up purchasing, what seems to be, someone else's mistake. My assumption is that they had no idea what they were doing.

At any rate. If they make you pay out of pocket for this then raise hell as this is not your fault and, in any sane mind, all on the dealer in which you purchased the car. Apparently they too did not know what they were getting into when they took it on trade.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned buy Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I think putting it back to stock is probably where I'm heading. At least till I have the money to put all the proper items together.

It really is a ****ty situation but I just hope I have to pay nothing and get a new motor. I'm okay with that haha. Then I know that no dumb people have messed with it. I spent so much time looking at Subaru's but so many were heavily modded and knew not to risk it. I figured this one only had the intake so it wouldn't be bad.... go figure!

This is why can't have nice things!

For this reason exactly I am drowning the mod bug on this ride and keeping it performance bone stock for its entire life.

The only thing i would be worried about, and this is coming from someone who has to deal with warranty company's all the time, is if the warranty was one provided by the dealership itself, or if it was aftermarket. in the case of aftermarket they wouldn't know what mods were done before it was purchased and if they send out an adjust to look at the vehicle ( which can happen in some high dollar claims) they may deny based on the mods. I dont know which is the case and every warranty company is different. just something to think about.

Great news!! i spoke with Subaru and they are replacing the motor and turbo under warranty!!
    No money out of my pocket!! SO happy!!

But i am paying for them to replace the injen intake with their own intake.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.