Traded-in hawkeye for 2015 WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Traded-in hawkeye for 2015 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey gang, I traded-in my 2006 WRX on 5/7 for 2015 WRX w/CVT in WR Blue. My last two cars ...

Traded-in hawkeye for 2015 WRX

Hey gang, I traded-in my 2006 WRX on 5/7 for 2015 WRX w/CVT in WR Blue. My last two cars were manuals and with lots of city-ish driving and a bad left knee, I've decided that I have to ditch a manual. So when I found out that '15s come available in CVT, I was ecstatic. Few eye-candy mods followed: 5000k Morimoto HIDs, LED bulbs, and RA mud flaps.
    2015 WRX WR Blue

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Im getting one soon - and would love to hear your feedback on the CVT. I hear good things. Have you been able to take it out and do some runs in the sport # mode yet ??

Quote Originally Posted by rikdrt1 View Post
    Im getting one soon - and would love to hear your feedback on the CVT. I hear good things. Have you been able to take it out and do some runs in the sport # mode yet ??
    CVT in WRX is versatile and paddle shifters are nice when you want to pretend youre driving a manual
    All-in-all I am really happy with it. With a CVT you will not experience loss of momentum and torque, like you would going from a stop to 2nd gear. All of my frustration is now out the window when sitting in stop-go traffic or city driving, especially when on a hilly road.
    S# mode is no joke. I accelerated merging on a hwy from a ramp in S# and by the time I was in the left lane I was almost at 120. Only bad thing about CVT is that my GF can now drive my WRX
    2015 WRX WR Blue

thanks Terad. damb, I am back and forth on this and I just cant make up my mind. But I am a mature/veteran driver so the CVT just seems to fit --- S# seems to be cool. you are right about momentum loss - I read this somewhere - since the CVT keeps the RPMS where u want it - all you do is wait to hit 4k for example, and just shift up or down to maintain.
    It really just sounds like the CVT would just HAVE to be better on gas also - although its to apparent from the sticker on the car. MT rated at 28 and CVT at 26 ??

and I am like you, I may need to have the kids or wife move or use the car every once in a while - they wont like it if they have to fumble thru the gears... they know how to drive but not well enough to trust them with the car in heavy traffic - I guess I have to consider that in my/similar situation.

Hello Terad

Where in Baltimore are you located? I'm outside Baltimore in Baltimore County (close to White Marsh).

Post some pictures up!

I Support ClubWRX
    How does the acceleration compare to the 06? I will be jumping up from an 06 next summer.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by rikdrt1 View Post
    thanks Terad. damb, I am back and forth on this and I just cant make up my mind. But I am a mature/veteran driver so the CVT just seems to fit --- S# seems to be cool. you are right about momentum loss - I read this somewhere - since the CVT keeps the RPMS where u want it - all you do is wait to hit 4k for example, and just shift up or down to maintain.
    It really just sounds like the CVT would just HAVE to be better on gas also - although its to apparent from the sticker on the car. MT rated at 28 and CVT at 26 ??

and I am like you, I may need to have the kids or wife move or use the car every once in a while - they wont like it if they have to fumble thru the gears... they know how to drive but not well enough to trust them with the car in heavy traffic - I guess I have to consider that in my/similar situation.
    I get 26 combined, even when a little bit throttle happy at times. This CVT is well suited for an adult driver and paddle shifters are there when you need manual engagement. You will not regret getting WRX w/CVT. I must admid, there are time I miss having a manual, but that is only 5% of the time I am on an open road; which is rare around here.

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    Hello Terad

Where in Baltimore are you located? I'm outside Baltimore in Baltimore County (close to White Marsh).

Post some pictures up!
    I am in Howard county until July and then I am moving to the west coast.
    I got bunch of pictures I wanted to post, but I am having issues with picture uploader. When I click 'Select Files' nothing happens. I even tried it on firefox, IE, and chrome; still the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    How does the acceleration compare to the 06? I will be jumping up from an 06 next summer.
    My '06 WRX had COBB stage 1 tune and I felt that accelerated ... somewhat violently. Then again, my crappy shifting may be to blame.
    So, '15 WRX, accelerates much faster but it feels very very smooth and controlled. I am sure upgraded suspension has a lot to do with it and the fact its an automatic.
    2015 WRX WR Blue

Pics

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	104_0484.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	154041Click image for larger version. 

Name:	104_0471.jpg 
Size:	130.3 KB 
ID:	154049Click image for larger version. 

Name:	104_0470.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	154057Click image for larger version. 

Name:	104_0467.jpg 
Size:	131.2 KB 
ID:	154065Click image for larger version. 

Name:	104_0466.jpg 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	154073
    2015 WRX WR Blue

Glad to hear that you got a cvt. That's what I'm planning to get as well. It's nice to hear from a cvt owner, as so many other members here are all about the 6MT. Hope to see pictures when you get the mods.

Pictures! wrb FTW

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.