Bought a 2015 WRX today. Freaking out
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Bought a 2015 WRX today. Freaking out within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Freaking out bc it's such an amazing car! Had planned to order but the exact car I was going to ...

Bought a 2015 WRX today. Freaking out

Freaking out bc it's such an amazing car!
    Had planned to order but the exact car I was going to order happens to be showing up at a dealer down the street. Base model with short throw shifter, dgm. I can't believe my luck.

Test drove one last week and was stunned at how fast it was, how totally flat in corners, how composed it was at all times. Also test drove a '15 GTI and it's not in the same class at all. This is my first subie and I'm pretty excited, coming from a '11 mazda 3 which was great but again, totally different class of car.

Should be arriving at the dealer Friday or Monday!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congrats! I love mine.

Enjoy!

So why did you not drive the one you test drove? Just Curious... Congrats !! I will be getting one to but I have to wait for the winter because I am not ready financial yet. Were are you from?

Aww, I'm jealous! Having to wait for mine. Post some photos when you have time!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason2015WRX View Post
    So why did you not drive the one you test drove? Just Curious... Congrats !! I will be getting one to but I have to wait for the winter because I am not ready financial yet. Were are you from?
    It was a silver premium, and I really like the dgm. Also don't car about the extra amenities; base comes pretty decently equipped and I really just want to drive the thing, so why not save the 2-3k?

That being said it was the best test drive I've ever been on - sales guy let me drive it for almost an hour on mostly windy back roads. He hadn't driven one and I convinced him to drive it around a little even though he wasn't supposed to. We had a blast. When I got back to work I couldn't concentrate for the rest of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    Aww, I'm jealous! Having to wait for mine. Post some photos when you have time!
    Totally lucked out. After signing the papers I kept asking them if the deal was really final and it was actually mine; couldn't believe my luck. I know there are a ton of people waiting months.

Will gladly post pics when she comes in!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Sharks View Post
    Also test drove a '15 GTI and it's not in the same class at all.
    Is the '15 GTI even available to drive yet? I'm never convinced when people say the GTI isn't in the same class as the WRX, because usually that's exactly where they are. In my experience the GTI usually has a more refined interior, smoother power delivery and a better drivers' feel to it. The WRX has the benefit of AWD and more power. I would imagine that the gap between the '15s is much closer but I would be surprised if the WRX is that much better. Other than that, congrats on your purchase

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    Is the '15 GTI even available to drive yet? I'm never convinced when people say the GTI isn't in the same class as the WRX, because usually that's exactly where they are. In my experience the GTI usually has a more refined interior, smoother power delivery and a better drivers' feel to it. The WRX has the benefit of AWD and more power. I would imagine that the gap between the '15s is much closer but I would be surprised if the WRX is that much better. Other than that, congrats on your purchase
    Well raven, one is a hatchback and the other is a sedan. So....

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    It is indeed available to drive. Drove a manual SE a couple weeks ago, was encouraged to push it on some local back roads. When I said it's not in the same class I didn't mean the GTI is worse, just really not the same thing at all. GTI struck me as a beautiful, well sorted, practical, sporty hatchback. The wrx struck me as a beast. Much, much faster and to me had better steering feel, significantly more grip, and a ton more power. Butt dyno said so. Overall, the wrx is a legitimate sports car albeit with compromises in terms of mpg, interior quality, and overall elegance, but I'm cool with that because it's so much more fun.
    This is totally subjective, but when I got out of the gti I thought "maybe in six months I'll see about buying this car, I really like it." After I drove the wrx I became totally obsessed and bought one a week later.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Sharks View Post
    It is indeed available to drive. Drove a manual SE a couple weeks ago, was encouraged to push it on some local back roads. When I said it's not in the same class I didn't mean the GTI is worse, just really not the same thing at all. GTI struck me as a beautiful, well sorted, practical, sporty hatchback. The wrx struck me as a beast. Much, much faster and to me had better steering feel, significantly more grip, and a ton more power. Butt dyno said so. Overall, the wrx is a legitimate sports car albeit with compromises in terms of mpg, interior quality, and overall elegance, but I'm cool with that because it's so much more fun.
    This is totally subjective, but when I got out of the gti I thought "maybe in six months I'll see about buying this car, I really like it." After I drove the wrx I became totally obsessed and bought one a week later.
    Congrats man, enjoy the new whip, I sure do. I am coming from a 2012 GTI Autobahn, and imho, apples and oranges. I will never own a fwd car again! I enjoyed the GTI, interior was awesome(top trim level for the 12), it just felt anemic. Love the planted feeling of the 15 WRX!
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

Warranty friendly mods for now-
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

Picked it up Friday with 10 miles on it. Can't believe how much I like this car. LOVE the dgm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nice choice of color! congrats
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

Nice!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Congrats!

Another Marylander. What part? Which dealership did you get it from?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast