New 2015 WRX Premium member! Hello all!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New 2015 WRX Premium member! Hello all!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello ClubWRX! I am new to the forum and honestly I have no idea what's going on. Still getting hang ...

Smile New 2015 WRX Premium member! Hello all!!!

Hello ClubWRX! I am new to the forum and honestly I have no idea what's going on. Still getting hang of it
    I had 2009 370Z and I just traded it in to 2015 WRX Premium.
    So far so good, loving the car.
    Please help me a lot when it comes to turbos and etc since this is my first turbo car and I don't know anything about turbo systems!
    Nice to meet you guys all one more time, and hope you guys have a great day!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome...Jersey??? Now im thinking of Hiram's (for those that know it). What color? Go with any options? Just follow the break in procedure the performance parts are coming soon. Just know that most engine mods will require a tune.
    Last edited by cflip2x; 06-16-2014 at 05:41 PM.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

Hanging out on here will be a good way to learn about your car!

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome Dudesky!
    I just picked up my 2015 Limited WRB6MT last week. Just completed a trip from Bangor Maine to Bethel NY (Woodstock Museum) then to Fishkill NY and then to Hyannis,Ma. 1 week old 1200 miles already. Love it. and no tickets yet! Good feedback on some questions I had. good bunch of enthusiasts...
    Change oil every 3k and you'll get plenty of miles with smiles!
    Mike Allen

Quote Originally Posted by guzziman View Post
    Welcome Dudesky!
    I just picked up my 2015 Limited WRB6MT last week. Just completed a trip from Bangor Maine to Bethel NY (Woodstock Museum) then to Fishkill NY and then to Hyannis,Ma. 1 week old 1200 miles already. Love it. and no tickets yet! Good feedback on some questions I had. good bunch of enthusiasts...
    Change oil every 3k and you'll get plenty of miles with smiles!
    Mike Allen
    Every 3k? That's a bit much no? Manual says 7, I do it every 6. You're using synthetic. Unless you are using your car in inconsistent weather changes and pushing the car a lot, you should be good at changing every 6 or 7,

Oh welcome btw! Enjoy and have fun.

I Support ClubWRX
    2 dealers have said definitely oil change at first 3k. They claim new recommendations from S of A for all turbos to have oil every three, and service every 6. Even with synthetic I have asked for copy of recommendation from S of A for my own curiosity. will publish when I get it

^^^ service every 6,000 miles!?!

i'm a turbo virgin as well, is 6K normal?

what kind of service?

I Support ClubWRX
    Oil change not service. Now there is nothing wrong with changing your oil early though most would agree that 5-6k between oil changes (under normal driving conditions) is a good rule of thumb
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Hello everyone! Thank you for the comments! And cflip2x, I live in a town called Fort Lee. I got Red one with Navi and Harman audio system. I have 6 Speed so I guess 6k oil change sounds fine??? and yes! I have A LOT of stuff to learn about this car since it's my first turbo car. Honestly I have no idea haha. You guys will be great helps! Thank You all!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Wasn't sure if it was the Fort Lee in jersey or not (used to live there ask a kid) Just enjoy the car since its a more modern car you dont need anything special like a turbo timer (the Subarus are liquid cooled) just dont go supper hard on the turbo and then stop I would go easy the last minute before a heavy drive.

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    The oil change interval should be performed in accordance with the specifications outlined in your owners manual/service booklet that comes with the car.

Registered User ajaxthecleaner25's Avatar
    I don't know about all of you but when my WRX comes in, oil changes will be between every 3-3.5k. Anybody every think or realize why BMW's, Audi's, and Mercedes all begin to have issues after about 50-65k on them. Their recommended oil changes are between 10-15k. HMMMM, outlandish? Oh and that is when warranty runs out, how convenient. so what that your manual says 6 or 7k. I would not trust it, because its "synthetic oil", come on. Most I would do is 4.5k without a change. But that's me.

My buddy bought a brand new 2013 wrx hatch. He put 12k on it. he changed his oil at the recommended intervals given by the manual which i believe was 7k. So first 1000 miles, oil change, second was at 8k and then at 12k, BOOM goes the motor. It was an engine failure due to oil issue (exact reason i do not know), and mechanic from Subaru said, oil should have been changed earlier and this could have been avoided. It was confirmed by the head mechanic and another one from a different dealer. Just an FYI.
    2015 Limited WRX on order . . . JUST GET HERE ALREADY!

I Support ClubWRX
    There is nothing wrong with earlier oil changes. My firebird went thorough oil pretty quick but I keep up with regular maintenance and I was running strong at 220K when I got my WRX. Though I am surprised with BMW 10k intervals thats seems really high.

Im interested to know what happened to your friends 13 that would cause it to go that early. I wonder if its was the oil pickup.

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Factory sheet shows 6K for service, and new bulletin shows 3k for oil changes. Service dept says high heat and fuel degradation, along with checking oil levels regularly. I do not buy the pitch of using synthetics to extend oil change intervals. Oil and filters are cheap -turbos and engines are not. Manufacturers pay fees to EPA, etc depending on frequency schedule of petroleums they require, the longer the interval, the less their cost. This info comes from a BMW factory guru, off the record.
    When I used to race stock cars and bikes I would change oil/filter after a day of racing. On wet clutches, the clutch lives in the engine oil. Etc Etc.
    The more you know the better it gets. Build a good relationship with your servicing people if you don't do all your own work.
    Enjoy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast