New 2015 WRX Premium member! Hello all!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New 2015 WRX Premium member! Hello all!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I guess it really depends on how you drive the car. If you drive it aggressively, I will say ...

So I guess it really depends on how you drive the car. If you drive it aggressively, I will say every 2k-3k? And if you drive normally, then maybe 4k-5k??? And so you guys know what kind of oils do Subaru dealers use? I am planning to to Amsoil by myself instead of going dealers. I've been always using Amsoil for my 370Z. Any oil recommendation??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User ajaxthecleaner25's Avatar
    I was always a big fan of Motul but if your not racing the car then i dont think it is necessary to dish out the extra $ for a oil like that. I am thinking of running Mobile 1 but i have not looked into that as of yet.
    2015 Limited WRX on order . . . JUST GET HERE ALREADY!

haha I'm not even that good at driving manual so I don't race at all. It's just my daily drive/family car

Amsoil or Motul can run anywhere from $35-45 / 5 quarts vs. Pennzoil or Mobile 1 at $25 / 5 quarts. I talked to my dealer and they said stick with subaru oil but what dealer is not going to say that. I would definitely stay with subaru oil filters.

I Support ClubWRX
    IMHO, check the requirements in your manual, or any premium synthetic that is the proper weight. I have used Mobil 1 for years. Again as long as it meets the manufacturer's recommendations..But you will get many opinions on this...
    I was going for the Premium but wanted the headlights and the power seat since I do a lot of long distance and I like to viary position. The leather seats are very very comfy.. It depends on your budget.. Be happy with whatever you get. Enjoy!!

Quote Originally Posted by guzziman View Post
    I was going for the Premium but wanted the headlights and the power seat since I do a lot of long distance and I like to viary position. The leather seats are very very comfy.. It depends on your budget.. Be happy with whatever you get. Enjoy!!
    I am glad i ordered a limited, i wanted black housing, leather, and power seats as well. I am happy you like your pick and it gives me more anxiety on my wait for mine.

ahhhh I heard about that black housing for limited. I wanted it really bad but yes, my budget was limited. I remember I paid like $600 to black house my 370z's headlights...I miss that housing already but I am happy for what I picked and I will enjoy it! I know that aftermarket parts are not out yet for 2015. Do you guys think it is necessary to buy hood scoop grill later on when it becomes production? I don't want any debris going in and hurt the intercooler

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dudesky View Post
    I remember I paid like $600 to black house my 370z's headlights. Do you guys think it is necessary to buy hood scoop grill later on when it becomes production? I don't want any debris going in and hurt the intercooler
    Check out this thread for the hood scoop grill question its been covered Hood Scoop Insert or no?
    as for the blacking out its very simple just scary that you would be baking your headlights but very simple 2015 WRX headlamp modification - NASIOC
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't know if the hood grill changes the air flow volume. I never gave a second thought about debris on the radiator or oil cooler if there was one, so I don't think the hood grill is necessary. I'd rather opt for a better set of wheels. Thats me.

forget about the grill haha, I would consider that later on. Does anybody knows if I can use after market lug nuts on the stock 2015 wrx oem rims?

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    OP Welcome to ClubWRX!

Quote Originally Posted by ajaxthecleaner25 View Post
    I don't know about all of you but when my WRX comes in, oil changes will be between every 3-3.5k. Anybody every think or realize why BMW's, Audi's, and Mercedes all begin to have issues after about 50-65k on them. Their recommended oil changes are between 10-15k. HMMMM, outlandish? Oh and that is when warranty runs out, how convenient. so what that your manual says 6 or 7k. I would not trust it, because its "synthetic oil", come on. Most I would do is 4.5k without a change. But that's me.

My buddy bought a brand new 2013 wrx hatch. He put 12k on it. he changed his oil at the recommended intervals given by the manual which i believe was 7k. So first 1000 miles, oil change, second was at 8k and then at 12k, BOOM goes the motor. It was an engine failure due to oil issue (exact reason i do not know), and mechanic from Subaru said, oil should have been changed earlier and this could have been avoided. It was confirmed by the head mechanic and another one from a different dealer. Just an FYI.
    My head is spinning from all the regurgitated garbage in this post.

I highly doubt that the head mechanic had a UOA performed to show that sheer was responsible for the damage. Ridiculous. This is an example of empty claims.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    I agree w Zax. Get the whole story..follow the manufacturer's recommendation as a minimum. Do mods only after copious research. Your WRX is not designed like a taxicab. And.....this statement will get me in trouble for sure.... if you can't drive a manual transmission, you might want to think twice about performance Metric cars.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12