2015 WRX exhaust upgrade? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2015 WRX exhaust upgrade? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Seems like everyone here has stupid loud fart can exhausts on their WRXs. Every time I hear it I cringe.. ...

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Seems like everyone here has stupid loud fart can exhausts on their WRXs. Every time I hear it I cringe.. there goes another Subaru. They all sound the same, while I feel like my boxer engine with ELH actually does sound unique, and much more refined.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    It's the sound of poor engineering....
    Haha, well, I'm ignorant about that I'm afraid. I just like that it sounds different

Listening to the sound in the first video that was linked to, to me, it could just as easily be a slammed, automatic Honda *shrug*.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    Haha, well, I'm ignorant about that I'm afraid. I just like that it sounds different

Listening to the sound in the first video that was linked to, to me, it could just as easily be a slammed, automatic Honda *shrug*.
    Is that any better than a slammed, automatic WRX?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    I think ELH in a nicely modded WRX sounds more like a Porsche than a Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Is that any better than a slammed, automatic WRX?
    Well, I don't have much respect for lowering a car to the point of making it impractical... or automatics for that matter. I know there are several good automatic 'boxes in cars these days, but that's not what's in a 20yr old Prelude. Trying to make it sound "sporty" seems a bit stupid to me. Those types of P.O.S. cars, that I see all too often, where people have spent money on modifying them with a fart can exhaust instead of saving for a car that actually might be "sporty"... they all sound like, "WAAAAHHHHHHHHH".

That's what I picture when I hear that noise, and it's the sound I'm hearing from the new WRX with a louder-than-stock exhaust. It doesn't make me think of a new car.

Registered User ajaxthecleaner25's Avatar
    I agree with Soobvirgin, that "Hella Flush" look is just awful, but then again that's my opinion. And yes there are plenty of cars, not just cheap old Hondas that kids put fart cannons on and it sounds like a lawn mower on steroids and is still slow. There are also many v8 American muscle cars that sound disgusting and are overly loud. Everybody has there own style.
    For me, a car that sounds ridiculously loud is just absurd. Make it practical just like suspension and sound systems. My car will be to my liking. Your cars will be to ya'lls liking. You don't have to agree with decisions others make on modding choices. But when modding gets out of control in regard to loud and unpractical use, then by all means, raise all hell.
    2015 Limited WRX on order . . . JUST GET HERE ALREADY!

And this is why I'm only considering the stock or subaru sti sport upgrade exhaust. Usually a manufacturer doesn't go so far as to sound cheap/ricey.
    I compare this upgrade option with what Porsche used to do with the boxster. You could pay more and upgrade to the sport boxster S exhaust system. Just getting a little closer to the big brother's deeper note even though you won't be exactly the same seeing how the engine is bigger.
    I've been listening to many youtube videos and the base wrx does sound similar to the base boxster exhaust (granted it doesn't have as high of a rev). I don't mind the stock exhaust, but have chosen to upgrade to the sti exhaust to get a little deeper, louder sound. It won't be overboard, but should be worth a little difference to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    And this is why I'm only considering the stock or subaru sti sport upgrade exhaust. Usually a manufacturer doesn't go so far as to sound cheap/ricey.
    I compare this upgrade option with what Porsche used to do with the boxster. You could pay more and upgrade to the sport boxster S exhaust system. Just getting a little closer to the big brother's deeper note even though you won't be exactly the same seeing how the engine is bigger.
    I've been listening to many youtube videos and the base wrx does sound similar to the base boxster exhaust (granted it doesn't have as high of a rev). I don't mind the stock exhaust, but have chosen to upgrade to the sti exhaust to get a little deeper, louder sound. It won't be overboard, but should be worth a little difference to me.

I think the SPT would sound real good, but I don't know what I can possibly do with the stock exhaust. I wish they had something smaller than the whole catback - but I guess that's the point of making the unique sound....

im still thinking about it --- for now, I look at the audio mods

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12