concerning car 04 wrx

This is a discussion on concerning car 04 wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey guys, im looking at a few cars to buy, one of which i already posted pictures (of the engine ...

concerning car 04 wrx

hey guys, im looking at a few cars to buy, one of which i already posted pictures (of the engine bay the important part) and the stuff that has been done to it. the other is a red 04 wrx that has 50,000 miles on it so obviously i am interested. it is clean and in good shape, 3 owners all of which appeared to take care of it. my concern is that upon closer inspection the previous owner had different tires on the front and back and even different rims. the ones on the back are wider than the front. i have no idea how long it has been like this they could have just put mixed matched ones on to sell it (or trade it in actually i think) but assuming they drove it like this would this cause damage? unusual wear to the drive trains, axels, tranny? i would really appreciate some input. thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Wear to the diffs if the Φ difference front to back or side to side was big enough. No way to know for sure unless it's obviously borked currently.

In any case your statement that it's been well cared for is contradicted by the observation if the different wheels/tyres.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.