Anyone have any info on Subaru shipping times to New England

This is a discussion on Anyone have any info on Subaru shipping times to New England within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am going a little crazy waiting for my 2015 limited in lightning red (Nav, Harmon Karmon, STS, keyless). I ...

Anyone have any info on Subaru shipping times to New England

I am going a little crazy waiting for my 2015 limited in lightning red (Nav, Harmon Karmon, STS, keyless). I ordered on April 7 with an estimate delivery in 8-10 weeks then got a follow-up call from the dealership giving me an ETA of end of May. BUT, I just got an email from the dealership with a new ETA of July 11th. I noticed that my car appeared in the dealership's inventory on May 29th (maybe earlier that is just when I noticed) and is marked "this vehicle is in transit". So I took the VIN and called SOA to ask for an ETA only to be told that they cannot give ETAs on cars going to New England because New England has its own distribution center. From what I have read on various blogs etc. the VIN is issued to the dealership once the car gets on the boat in Japan. The boat then needs to make its way across the Pacific and it makes two stops on the west coast then travels through the panama canal and makes another stop on the southern east coast then finally finishes unloading in Davisville RI. From Davisville RI the car comes on a car carrier to the dealership. It seems to me that this process would take a while. However, a lot of folks state that they got their car about two weeks after they got the VIN. I am just wondering if anyone has any information on the shipping times for the WRXs or have had other experiences. Is my car really going to take another month to arrive?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I put a deposit on my black WRX LTD on April 19th. I received the VIN last week and the scheduled port arrival in June 23rd in Boston. The dealership says the delivered car should be to me before July 4th weekend. Have you received the VIN and port date? I think these would be the best indication of when you will be sitting in your new car!

Goodness. Sorry to hear about the delay. I placed an order yesterday, but I live in Oklahoma, so I was told it would ship to west coast and be on a train to texas and truck to Oklahoma. Hard to imagine your car going through the Panama Canal! Hope you find something out.

Ordered mine may 21st, got a vin 2 weeks later, when I was told she was on a boat (Sentosa Leader) and on her way. Your car may be on the same noat as mine as I have the same eta. Call your dealer and ask for the boat name, they have it, then you google the boat and it will show the position.

Registered User ajaxthecleaner25's Avatar
    Really, i ordered mine on april 28th and my dealer says i will most likely get it middle to late july. yet you ordered your car may 21st and its on a boat already. There is some funky stuff going on with subaru. What model are did you order clamsjager? i ordered a limited wrx in ISM, stick. Maybe the limiteds take longer?
    2015 Limited WRX on order . . . JUST GET HERE ALREADY!

I ordered a DGM limited with nav, short throw and homelink.

Forgot to mention that boat is due in port on the 9th.

Registered User ajaxthecleaner25's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clamsjager View Post
    Forgot to mention that boat is due in port on the 9th.
    Where are you from, and what is your expected pick up date. I am assuming it should be about 5 days after it hits port.
    2015 Limited WRX on order . . . JUST GET HERE ALREADY!

My eta was the 24th, but that was with boat arriving on 14th, so I hope to have it by 19th if not sooner.

I'm from ct