Does any else have this problem with there WRX?

This is a discussion on Does any else have this problem with there WRX? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm new to the forum but Ive have been lurking around for a while....So I figured I start out with ...

New 2104 WRX Hatch

I'm new to the forum but Ive have been lurking around for a while....So I figured I start out with something funny.

I bought a 2014 Hatch about 2 months ago...

Driving home on Monday a bird flew into the scoop and luckily bounced out(feathers everywhere)

THAN driving home yesterday from work I hit another bird....sucked it right into the scoop

Got home....no feathers...went inside for a few minutes came back out to the bird bouncing out of my scoop on my hood and than started to fly around my garage. 10 MINUTES to get the stupid thing out.

My REX is a carnivore!
    Last edited by 07cummins59; 06-12-2014 at 09:21 AM.
    2014 White WRX Hatch

07 Ram 2500 Cummins 605HP/1250TQ
    -Thunder 330 62/74/14, ATS 2 piece, EFI Live, Airdog 150, suncoast triple disc, hts vb and some billet, AFE stage 2 and 4inch lift.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 07cummins59 View Post
    I'm new to the forum but Ive have been lurking around for a while....So I figured I start out with something funny.

I bought a 2014 Hatch about 2 months ago...

Driving home on Monday a bird flew into the scoop and luckily bounced out(feathers everywhere)

THAN driving home yesterday from work I hit another bird....sucked it right into the scoop

Got home....no feathers...went inside for a few minutes came back out to the bird bouncing out of my scoop on my hood and than started to fly around my garage. 10 MINUTES to get the stupid thing out.

My REX is a carnivore!
    haha that's pretty funny. I whacked a bird 2 days ago but it launched off the windshield.

num num num num num
    ++ + ++P3LLA++ + ++

06 STi ( Stage II ) BOOSTED
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE # 808

Both birds were pretty lucky. Are you sure it's not the same bird who just happens to really like your wrx?

So far, I have only eaten a leaf and a few bugs. I'll probably pull over and cry if I eat a bird.

If I eat anymore in going to have to get a scoop grill....lol
    2014 White WRX Hatch

-Thunder 330 62/74/14, ATS 2 piece, EFI Live, Airdog 150, suncoast triple disc, hts vb and some billet, AFE stage 2 and 4inch lift.

Quote Originally Posted by kashwrx View Post
    Both birds were pretty lucky. Are you sure it's not the same bird who just happens to really like your wrx?
    LOL....that's what my REX thinks about them crapping on the windshield....num num num
    2014 White WRX Hatch

I hit a crow once went towards my scoop but it was too big to go in so it bounced off and hit the windshield lolol

Sent from my fridge using Tapatalk
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

I bought the grill for the hood scoop from RSD by grillcraft if I recall correctly. I mainly did it just in case any animals wanted to have a party in my engine while I sleep and for any debris getting in there when I drive.
    That's a crazy story about the birds coming in there. "hitting two birds with one suby" so to speak

Haha! I once hit a bird in one of my old cars, and it got stuck between the hood and the top of the radiator. Didn't smell nice at all when I got home. :-P

I work on C130's in the New Zealand Air Force (yes, NZ has an air force). I've seen some pretty yuck bird strikes on them. One time a large bird, probably a plover or large duck, went down the intake. I don't know how it missed the prop, but it did. It got slammed up against the Inlet Guide Vanes and looked like a cartoon bird, with it's legs hanging below a squashed body.

Not so funny when you have to spend the night replacing the engine though. :-P

The worst one though, was one that hit the Nose Landing Gear. It splattered all through the Wheel Well. Feathers and guts everywhere.

I Support ClubWRX

I went OVER a bird this morning... HE must have been mesmerized by my subie. I drove over him and he tumbled from the wind popped up and flew off in a daze.

Cummins, welcome to the forum. I have not had an altercation with a bird yet.

Glad to see someone else with a diesel truck. There's a couple other guys in here too.

Got my 14 sedan the end of March.
    14 sedan Limited: AEM intake, Tomioka IC hose, Cobb AP V3, Invidia down pipe with 3" cat, custom 3" mandrel bent single exhaust, Aem air fuel gauge,Cobb knob,Perrin Pitch Stop mount, SPT front strut tower brace, K-Sport coilovers@1.5" drop.

07 Duramax LBZ- 26psi,intake, TBE, Diablosport programmer, Edge Insight with EGT, EGR block off, BD exhaust manifold, PPE fuel valve.