New 2011 Wrx owner
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New 2011 Wrx owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone, new owner from maryland and I just bought myself a new to me 2011 wrb wrx. This is ...

New 2011 Wrx owner

Hey everyone, new owner from maryland and I just bought myself a new to me 2011 wrb wrx. This is my first Subaru and first awd car. So far I am loving it. I feel the grip from the awd in every corner. The power comes on strong and its a blast to drive.

I can't wait to start modding my wrx to make it unique to me. I bought it with a Subaru certified warranty. 7 year / 100k miles powertrain. So I am going to hold off on power mods for now.

So far I have already ordered the Grimmspeed license plate relocation kit. And plan for mudflaps and tint soon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome! Bought my wrb wrx in jan too! Best color. Congrats and enjoy

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Looking good man, congrats on the purchase.
    2014 Subaru WRX
    Torqued Performance Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    Build Thread
    First Mods, what to do and not to do

I Support ClubWRX
    Ewwwww WRB what a horrible color Welcome and congrats on the car. Does it have any options that you know of? I say also get some plasti dip or vinyl overlay to get ride of the chrome widow trim (just my opinion)
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Thanks guys! I love this color! It doesn't have any options but I do plan to add some foglights in the future. What window trim were you talking about? I was thinking of getting black for the wrx side badge and black or blue trunk bar that's normally chrome. Vinyl overlays you say?

I Support ClubWRX
    For the 4dr there is chrome on the window trim you'll see it, but for the 5dr its black not sure why they did it that way but its what it is. I am not a fan I just used plasti dip on mine as well as dipping the fender badges black.

08-14 Impreza WRX STi Sedan

I was not a fan of the fog lights since I hear they are not the best for the price. If i was able to get most of the parts I would try to fit my own.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I do like the gloss black strip for the chrome on the window. Might invest in that. And find black wrx side badges. Other than that are there any other go to first mods?

Short throw shifter, whiteline sway bars, kartboy endlinks, rotella t6 motor oil and subaru extra s tranny fluid, and a catback to hear that beautiful rumble.

Then when youre ready to not use your warranty: Cobb Accessport or open-source, short ram intake, downpipe, heat wrap, and thermal blanket.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    New head unit.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I thought that any modification to exhaust would void the warranty. I wad thinking about stiffer suspension because i noticed out likes to under steer a bit. What difference does the fluid make? I did notice that the stereo system is a bit lackluster. Would just a headunit fix that? Thanks for all the replies!

I Support ClubWRX
    Head unit should help. I went the other route speakers first but should have probably gone with the HU.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

So you are suggesting, eventually, a complete audio replacement? What about the exhaust causing warranty problems?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.