Help with purchasing
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Help with purchasing within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I was thinking about purchasing a wrx, but I was wondering if you guys could maybe give me ...

Help with purchasing

Hey guys,

I was thinking about purchasing a wrx, but I was wondering if you guys could maybe give me some advice, because I'm new to all this. There was one in particular that I was looking at, but it's been modded, and although the guy has a good record, I'm still a little worried; hence, I was curious if some of you could explain the mods to be in a simple way, or give me a place to look them up, and also if any of them would affect the life of the car or engine. Here's the car 03 Subaru WRX Modified *81k Jdm

Thanks,
    Ben

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ben,

Buying a used car (regardless if it's a Subaru or not) is risky. You do not know how hard the car was driven or if it was maintained properly.

Personally I wouldn't buy a used car especially one being 11 years old but that's just me. I'm sure you can find a bugeye (02/03 WRX) that is not as heavily modded for cheaper and not have to worry.

It's hard for us to give you the advice you want to hear. I would want to know more details about the exact parts on the car or possibly a compression test. He sounds like he is a mechanic but I would want a reputable shop to take a look at it to give me a piece of mind.

Good Luck.

Yeah, I understand what you're saying. This is kinda risky by nature. However, do you have any particular tips of what to look out for with a modded car that could be dangerous, or thing that I should specifically check? What should I look for out of a compression test?

Compression test will let you know how healthy the engine is. If one cylinder is extremely lower than the others then you have problems.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.