waiting for my 2015 wrx

This is a discussion on waiting for my 2015 wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; just wanting to say hi, im josh i live in mtn home idaho. ive always been a truck person but ...

waiting for my 2015 wrx

just wanting to say hi, im josh i live in mtn home idaho. ive always been a truck person but ive always wanted a wrx. so finally i ordered one and im pretty excited, just 2 more weeks it should be here. if you guys have any tips on the break-in period i would like some imput never owed a brand new vehicle before.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by basqueo81 View Post
    just wanting to say hi, im josh i live in mtn home idaho. ive always been a truck person but ive always wanted a wrx. so finally i ordered one and im pretty excited, just 2 more weeks it should be here. if you guys have any tips on the break-in period i would like some imput never owed a brand new vehicle before.
    First 1K go easy. Dont go above 4500 rpm. May want to do an oil change at 1k. Opinions differ. Let turbo cool down for a minute or two at idle after a decent drive. I have the CVT model so my break in may be slightly different

Congrats on the order. What color are you getting?

I hadn't heard anything about letting the turbo cool down after a harder run. Won't it cool down if you turn the car off right away anyway? And is this just for the break-in period or for the life of the car?
    On order: 2015 WRX Premium CVT in WR Blue

No you typically don't want to let the turbo just stop after being driven a while. Usually you'll want a turbo timer if you don't want to wait for the turbo to cool down...
    But I think it's not as necessary for water cooled turbos. Still a good idea to cool it down though
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that's the last I've heard...but from an old military friend who had a gti (another friend asked him why his car was still running after turning it off.)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I picked up a 2015 off the lot just last night! Having a ball driving this thing. I can't wait to hit the 1K mark!

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome and congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruWRX_CVT View Post
    Let turbo cool down for a minute or two at idle after a decent drive.
    Not really necessary.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

thanks for the imput. I have heard about letting the turbo cool. I really hate waiting. I orderd the lighting red manual base model. I never can keep anything stock for very long. guess we will see. I don't really want to void my warranty. but am waiting for cobb to make the accessport for the 2015

lighting red

The turbo cool is not needed if your turbo has a coolant jacket. Cool down is needed because turning a oil only turbo off will let oil sit in the turbo while it is still at peak operating temperatures. This causes the oil to burn and creates sludge as a result.

As for warm up, it is necessary for all cars to reach operating temperature before heavy driving.