waiting for my 2015 wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on waiting for my 2015 wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; just wanting to say hi, im josh i live in mtn home idaho. ive always been a truck person but ...

waiting for my 2015 wrx

just wanting to say hi, im josh i live in mtn home idaho. ive always been a truck person but ive always wanted a wrx. so finally i ordered one and im pretty excited, just 2 more weeks it should be here. if you guys have any tips on the break-in period i would like some imput never owed a brand new vehicle before.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by basqueo81 View Post
    just wanting to say hi, im josh i live in mtn home idaho. ive always been a truck person but ive always wanted a wrx. so finally i ordered one and im pretty excited, just 2 more weeks it should be here. if you guys have any tips on the break-in period i would like some imput never owed a brand new vehicle before.
    First 1K go easy. Dont go above 4500 rpm. May want to do an oil change at 1k. Opinions differ. Let turbo cool down for a minute or two at idle after a decent drive. I have the CVT model so my break in may be slightly different

Congrats on the order. What color are you getting?

I hadn't heard anything about letting the turbo cool down after a harder run. Won't it cool down if you turn the car off right away anyway? And is this just for the break-in period or for the life of the car?
    2015 WRX Premium CVT in WR Blue

No you typically don't want to let the turbo just stop after being driven a while. Usually you'll want a turbo timer if you don't want to wait for the turbo to cool down...
    But I think it's not as necessary for water cooled turbos. Still a good idea to cool it down though
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that's the last I've heard...but from an old military friend who had a gti (another friend asked him why his car was still running after turning it off.)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Stinkeye member 520

I picked up a 2015 off the lot just last night! Having a ball driving this thing. I can't wait to hit the 1K mark!

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome and congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruWRX_CVT View Post
    Let turbo cool down for a minute or two at idle after a decent drive.
    Not really necessary.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

thanks for the imput. I have heard about letting the turbo cool. I really hate waiting. I orderd the lighting red manual base model. I never can keep anything stock for very long. guess we will see. I don't really want to void my warranty. but am waiting for cobb to make the accessport for the 2015

lighting red

The turbo cool is not needed if your turbo has a coolant jacket. Cool down is needed because turning a oil only turbo off will let oil sit in the turbo while it is still at peak operating temperatures. This causes the oil to burn and creates sludge as a result.

As for warm up, it is necessary for all cars to reach operating temperature before heavy driving.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.