Ordered a 2015 WRX!
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ordered a 2015 WRX! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Greetings everyone from a 1st time Subaru owner. I just ordered a 2015 WRX yesterday. Premium trim in WRB with ...

Ordered a 2015 WRX!

Greetings everyone from a 1st time Subaru owner. I just ordered a 2015 WRX yesterday. Premium trim in WRB with a CVT. Dealer claims it will arrive in 6-8 weeks. From everything I've heard that's optimistic, but we'll see.

Coming from a 2003 Mazda 6s with a MT. Have loved this car for the past 11 years, but it's time for something new. Really going to appreciate AWD during the winter months here in Michigan. Planning to get a set of snows this fall (not sure if I'll put them on steel rims or find some alloys).

Looking forward to learning more about the car here over the next couple of months while waiting for mine to arrive.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mikepj View Post
    Greetings everyone from a 1st time Subaru owner. I just ordered a 2015 WRX yesterday. Premium trim in WRB with a CVT. Dealer claims it will arrive in 6-8 weeks. From everything I've heard that's optimistic, but we'll see.

Coming from a 2003 Mazda 6s with a MT. Have loved this car for the past 11 years, but it's time for something new. Really going to appreciate AWD during the winter months here in Michigan. Planning to get a set of snows this fall (not sure if I'll put them on steel rims or find some alloys).

Looking forward to learning more about the car here over the next couple of months while waiting for mine to arrive.
    just got my 2015 WRX, 6MT tuesday night. You will love it, it is a lot of fun to drive. I ordered mine in mid March and got it 6/4, the wait will suck but it is worth it!

Sweet! Must be nice for your wait to be over.

Seems like people wait anywhere from 2 weeks to 3+ months… Crazy there is such a variance. I custom ordered my Mazda 6 too, and if I remember correctly it came in a couple weeks before expected. Maybe I'll have the same luck this time.

I'm just hoping it arrives with enough time left to have some fun before another winter sets in. :-)

It all depends if the dealer you ordered it from has what you ordered on their allotment. If a dealer has a Premium WRB CVT WRX coming in that isn't claimed then it's yours. If not then you have to wait for it to be build.

Like me I ordered a WRX Limited in WRB with 6-speed and HK/Navi/Push Button start so those are taking longer (the WRX Limited with HK/Navi/Push Button) it seems.

I don't think the dealer I ordered from has something similar coming in. It was a smaller dealer and they only had a single WRX on the lot.

Wish I could have gotten the HK/Nav on my Premium CVT. I'm not sure why you can get the option on both Limited models and the MT Premium, but not the CVT Premium. The stock stereo sounded good enough though. I might just get the Kicker tweeters.
    2015 WRX Premium CVT in WR Blue

Registered User ajaxthecleaner25's Avatar
    96accord
    When did you order and what is your expected arrival date?

I ordered a 15 wrx limited in ISM (6-speed) on April 28 and i got the 6-8 weeks delivery date. Last week they told me July. Wanted to see if your getting a similar run around?
    2015 Limited WRX on order . . . JUST GET HERE ALREADY!

Quote Originally Posted by ajaxthecleaner25 View Post
    96accord
    When did you order and what is your expected arrival date?

I ordered a 15 wrx limited in ISM (6-speed) on April 28 and i got the 6-8 weeks delivery date. Last week they told me July. Wanted to see if your getting a similar run around?
    Ordered May 24th. They said 8-12 weeks.

I haven't received a VON yet.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

I'm not entirely clear about when you get the VON and VIN. The dealer I ordered from said they were going to order it from Subaru that very day. Does that mean they already have a VON if they did, in fact, order it?

My understanding is that you get a VIN after the car is made and it's on the way to you. I've heard everything from 2-4 weeks until delivery from getting a VIN though.
    2015 WRX Premium CVT in WR Blue

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post

Lucky!! I ordered mine on 6/1, and it won't get here till October. I ordered a Limited in GBP, with the Nav/HK system; perhaps that's why it's taking so long?

There isn't enough internet for me to bide my time until my baby gets here!

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbification View Post
    Lucky!! I ordered mine on 6/1, and it won't get here till October. I ordered a Limited in GBP, with the Nav/HK system; perhaps that's why it's taking so long?

There isn't enough internet for me to bide my time until my baby gets here!
    I ordered mine with Navi/HK/Push Button also

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm not entirely clear about when you get the VON and VIN. The dealer I ordered from said they were going to order it from Subaru that very day. Does that mean they already have a VON if they did, in fact, order it?

My understanding is that you get a VIN after the car is made and it's on the way to you. I've heard everything from 2-4 weeks until delivery from getting a VIN though.
    Your dealer will get a VON as soon as they put the order into the system, but they don't always tell you what it is. I had asked for mine a couple weeks after I placed the order, it's only useful if you want to call Subaru of America and confirm your order. The VIN comes like you say, 2-4 weeks before delivery. Some people have lucked out and gotten a phone call saying their car arrived before their VIN number. This is rare though.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post

Is the wait sinking in yet? 8-12 weeks doesn't seem like a long time at first, but it gets much worse. Luckily I'm picking mine up tomorrow.

Welcome and congrats on the purchase... oh the wait. The struggles of living in a 1st world country.
    2014 Subaru WRX
    Torqued Performance Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    Build Thread
    First Mods, what to do and not to do

I don't think the dealer I ordered from has something similar coming in. It was a smaller dealer and they only had a single WRX on the lot.

Wish I could have gotten the HK/Nav on my Premium CVT. I'm not sure why you can get the option on both Limited models and the MT Premium, but not the CVT Premium. The stock stereo sounded good enough though. I might just get the Kicker tweeters.
    I got the standard stereo as well. Initially, I was disappointed, but after about 2 weeks, I feel like it started sounding better. I also did the loud mode trick, and that helped a bit.

I heard a review on YouTube, on a channel called Bar and Track, they had a car with the standard stereo plus Kicker upgrade; they didn't seem at all impressed, FWIW.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo0034 View Post
    Is the wait sinking in yet? 8-12 weeks doesn't seem like a long time at first, but it gets much worse. Luckily I'm picking mine up tomorrow.
    Nope. Not sinking in yet.

I'm fine for now lol

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast