Ordered a 2015 WRX! - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

This is a discussion on Ordered a 2015 WRX! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by tweeder82o which Michigan dealer? I ordered from Lafontaine the same week you did, and I emailed them ...

Quote Originally Posted by tweeder82o View Post
    which Michigan dealer? I ordered from Lafontaine the same week you did, and I emailed them last week asking about my WRX. They said:

"I have looked further into your order and it looks to have a ETA of January. Far longer then we anticipated. Looking at the order bank it seems to show we are only getting one per month! For reasons that I am not aware of, production aperies way off. This of course can change and I hope it will. Please let me know your thoughts due to the time frame change."
    Ouch, sorry to hear that. I ordered from Thelen in Bay City. When I picked mine up at the beginning of August, they said they had 3-5 more orders in the queue. I think they probably only get 1 per month as well.

I'm assuming you don't have a VON yet? Usually dealers get a VON when they have a vehicle allocation and can actually place the order from Subaru. This holds your place in line at Subaru (but delivery still depends on Subaru's parts suppliers, etc). I got a VON for my car the same week I ordered, so I was first in line at the dealer. If Lafontaine can't give you a VON, then I would consider giving a few other dealers in your area a call to see if they have a WRX allocation open and can give you a VON the same day you order. Your order would start over, but at least then you would get your vehicle November-ish (maybe? I haven't followed the order thread recently). If Lafontaine does have a VON for you, then you will most likely be delayed more if you switch to another dealer.

Cars.com can show you if there is a WRX in a configuration you want at a nearby dealer too, if you haven't already checked them.
    2015 WRX Premium CVT in WR Blue

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mikepj View Post
    Ouch, sorry to hear that. I ordered from Thelen in Bay City. When I picked mine up at the beginning of August, they said they had 3-5 more orders in the queue. I think they probably only get 1 per month as well.

I'm assuming you don't have a VON yet? Usually dealers get a VON when they have a vehicle allocation and can actually place the order from Subaru. This holds your place in line at Subaru (but delivery still depends on Subaru's parts suppliers, etc). I got a VON for my car the same week I ordered, so I was first in line at the dealer. If Lafontaine can't give you a VON, then I would consider giving a few other dealers in your area a call to see if they have a WRX allocation open and can give you a VON the same day you order. Your order would start over, but at least then you would get your vehicle November-ish (maybe? I haven't followed the order thread recently). If Lafontaine does have a VON for you, then you will most likely be delayed more if you switch to another dealer.

Cars.com can show you if there is a WRX in a configuration you want at a nearby dealer too, if you haven't already checked them.
    Thank you for that info regarding where I stand in queue, I am emailing them today to find out more.

autotrader shows a wrx in black at 1100 miles away, gray at 450 miles away, and your blue (though no my preferred color) just 20 miles away

by the way, have you gotten past the break-in yet?

Quote Originally Posted by tweeder82o View Post
    by the way, have you gotten past the break-in yet?
    Yep, just passed 1000 miles a few days ago. It's been great to let that engine stretch out a little bit in the higher RPMs. Above 5500 rpm you start to feel the amount of torque ease off, and the turbo lag is more apparent when you are expecting it to take off briskly from a stand-still. Both of these are pretty minor details though and it's still an absolute blast to drive. The car has surprised me a couple of times with just how much power is on tap. I finally got used to driving it smoothly at lower RPMs, now it's a whole new ballgame to learn to drive it smoothly in a spirited manner.
    2015 WRX Premium CVT in WR Blue

I Support ClubWRX
    you might try a dealer in a different region.

Quote Originally Posted by guzziman View Post
    you might try a dealer in a different region.
    yea.. I think I am just going to go with the attitude of it's a WRX, kinda car that doesn't sit on the lot, and that we're here in august of 2014 talking about a 2015 model car. it's not that late to take delivery in January...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567