Ordered a 2015 WRX! - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ordered a 2015 WRX! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Got another update from the dealer today. Looks like my ETA was bumped a week earlier to 7/31 (from 8/6). ...

Got another update from the dealer today. Looks like my ETA was bumped a week earlier to 7/31 (from 8/6). Since that's only a couple of days away, the salesperson tried to track the vehicle. All he could see was that it's on a train somewhere and hasn't yet been loaded onto a truck.

That would make a delivery time of just over 8 weeks. Not bad… Hopefully I'll be in my new ride by this weekend!
    2015 WRX Premium CVT in WR Blue

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It's here! Picked up my new ride yesterday and absolutely loving it so far. Got a WRB Premium CVT. Been driving it in manual mode so far (coming from a MT car and just used to shifting myself). It's tough keeping the engine below 4000 rpm when it revs so quickly. Can't wait until the break-in period is over and I can let her loose.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2159_small.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	159769

Ordered: 6/3
    Original ETA: August
    Updated ETA: 8/6
    Updated ETA: 7/31
    Actual Arrival: 8/1
    Picked up: 8/2

Ordering a Homelink mirror, all-weather floor mats, the trunk cargo tray, and Kicker tweeters this week. Thinking about the extended arm rest, but haven't decided on it yet. Is it worth it? Looks like it might block one of the cup holders when you have it raised. Also, is the interior space when opening the lid the same?

Congrats on the '15 WRB WRX!!

You got lucky on the order! Most have been waiting longer.

Congrats on the new wheels lovin the color

Quote Originally Posted by mikepj View Post

Ordering a Homelink mirror, all-weather floor mats, the trunk cargo tray, and Kicker tweeters this week. Thinking about the extended arm rest, but haven't decided on it yet. Is it worth it? Looks like it might block one of the cup holders when you have it raised. Also, is the interior space when opening the lid the same?
    Sweet ride! I have the extended arm rest. There is no interference with the cup holders. Even though the arm rest doesn't extend much, it does come out enough for me to rest my elbow while holding the wheel. I don't think the standard setup would let me do that.

Thanks, the color looks way better in person than even in photos. It was pretty cool seeing it for the first time and being wowed by it.

Glad to hear there isn't any interference between the extended arm rest and the cup holders. I might just have to add that to the list as well.

Speaking of cup holders though, that small tray in front of the cup holders is pretty useless. I think it's supposed to be for coins, but if you put any coins in there and drove the WRX the way it was meant to be driven, they wouldn't stay there for long.

Speaking of cup holders though, that small tray in front of the cup holders is pretty useless. I think it's supposed to be for coins, but if you put any coins in there and drove the WRX the way it was meant to be driven, they wouldn't stay there for long.
    I haven't found a purpose for that space either! Temporary coin storage . It entices you to put coins there only to laugh when your picking up coins from under the seats.

sunglasses fit pretty good in that tray
    2013 Subaru STI

I live in igloos and hunt seals with my pet polar bear Jean Claude Van Damme.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbravo_AK View Post
    sunglasses fit pretty good in that tray
    That's not a bad idea. I have my garage door opener there right now, at least until the Homelink mirror arrives. I found that my GPS mounted on its dashboard stand fits perfectly in the cubby in front of the shifter. It's not as visible there while using it for directions, but it's such a perfect fit I might keep it there for awhile.

That's not a bad idea. I have my garage door opener there right now, at least until the Homelink mirror arrives. I found that my GPS mounted on its dashboard stand fits perfectly in the cubby in front of the shifter. It's not as visible there while using it for directions, but it's such a perfect fit I might keep it there for awhile.
    thats a awesome idea too. i may have to try that on my roadtrip coming up and see if my tom tom fits in there.
    2013 Subaru STI

I live in igloos and hunt seals with my pet polar bear Jean Claude Van Damme.

I Support ClubWRX
    It must vary by region...I ordered my WRB, 6MT, Limited, STS, Sill plates,mats on 5/20, and took delivery 6/7.
    I had choice of colors Red, black, charcoal in CVT. Im in Maine, and the port is Rhode Island.

Quote Originally Posted by guzziman View Post
    It must vary by region...I ordered my WRB, 6MT, Limited, STS, Sill plates,mats on 5/20, and took delivery 6/7.
    I had choice of colors Red, black, charcoal in CVT. Im in Maine, and the port is Rhode Island.
    I ordered my WRB, 6MT, Limited, Navi/HK/Push Button on 5/24 and took delivery on 7/23 (it was in 7/22). I live 15 minutes from the Baltimore port.

According to the paperwork that was in my car, mine came through a port in Washington state. I live in Michigan, so I believe it was transported by railway over here. That definitely takes longer, but I think it came out in a wash because I didn't order any port-installed options.

guzziman: The dealer must have had a few different cars on their way already...there's no way you would have gotten the order so fast unless the cars were already built and in transit. 2-3 months seems about average for a full order.

I Support ClubWRX
    I believe the dealer said the car was built but not allocated.. just lucky I guess.

According to the paperwork that was in my car, mine came through a port in Washington state. I live in Michigan, so I believe it was transported by railway over here. That definitely takes longer, but I think it came out in a wash because I didn't order any port-installed options.

guzziman: The dealer must have had a few different cars on their way already...there's no way you would have gotten the order so fast unless the cars were already built and in transit. 2-3 months seems about average for a full order.
    which Michigan dealer? I ordered from Lafontaine the same week you did, and I emailed them last week asking about my WRX. They said:

"I have looked further into your order and it looks to have a ETA of January. Far longer then we anticipated. Looking at the order bank it seems to show we are only getting one per month! For reasons that I am not aware of, production aperies way off. This of course can change and I hope it will. Please let me know your thoughts due to the time frame change."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.