Ordered a 2015 WRX! - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ordered a 2015 WRX! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Got a call from the dealer today with an updated arrival time… Ordered: 6/3 VON: 6/3 ETA: 8/6 WRB WRX ...

Got a call from the dealer today with an updated arrival time…

Ordered: 6/3
    VON: 6/3
    ETA: 8/6
    WRB WRX Premium CVT

Didn't get a VIN yet, but one step closer. Sales guy claimed the cars used to arrive a few days before the ETA, but lately they have been arriving up to around a week late. Hoping it's early. :-)
    2015 WRX Premium CVT in WR Blue

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Too bad you aren't in Oklahoma. There seem to be a lot of WRB CVT cars around here in premium and limited. Sucks for me seeing how I had to have them track down a manual.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    Too bad you aren't in Oklahoma. There seem to be a lot of WRB CVT cars around here in premium and limited. Sucks for me seeing how I had to have them track down a manual.
    Right now, there is only 1 WRX in stock at a dealer in all of Michigan.

It was difficult to even track down one to test-drive when I was thinking of buying. Ended up test driving a CVT in the first round of narrowing down my car choices, and then that one sold so I had to drive to a different dealer to test drive a WRX in my final round (the second was an MT). It's crazy how rare these cars are around here.

^^^ aauuch!!

You're killin' me.
    I ordered a GBP Limited with short throw on 6/2 and am currently expecting in Sept.

Where are you recieving your Rex?

I now have a VIN and an eta of jul 29!

Grats man!

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post

Registered User ajaxthecleaner25's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    Thats awesome. Congrats
    2015 Limited WRX on order . . . JUST GET HERE ALREADY!

Quote Originally Posted by hisdigness View Post
    Grats man!
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaxthecleaner25 View Post
    Thats awesome. Congrats
    Thanks! I'm excited. I was thinking mid-late August since I initially had an ETA of September.

Greetings,

Just joined this forum, first post! I ordered a 2015 WRX Limited with the 6-speed manual in dark gray metallic on 4th June and at the time was told to expect delivery in 8 to 10 weeks. I just got a call from the dealer last night saying to expect the car in late October.

This is my third Subaru but first WRX, and first car I've ordered and not bought from dealer inventory. Hopefully other folks have better luck with shorter wait times, but I'd love to hear the specific explanation for why it will take so long. Is the demand that great (which I completely understand!), and if so what governs your place on the production list?

I have not had a chance to speak to the dealer in person, they left a voicemail last night, so I haven't heard their explanation yet. Frustrating to have to wait nearly five months for the car when the first response from the dealer was 8 to 10 weeks. Still, I'm very excited and can't wait to take delivery whenever it gets here.

Thanks for managing this forum, I look forward to WRX interactions!

Cheers,
    Keith D

Quote Originally Posted by duncanke View Post
    Greetings,

Just joined this forum, first post! I ordered a 2015 WRX Limited with the 6-speed manual in dark gray metallic on 4th June and at the time was told to expect delivery in 8 to 10 weeks. I just got a call from the dealer last night saying to expect the car in late October.

This is my third Subaru but first WRX, and first car I've ordered and not bought from dealer inventory. Hopefully other folks have better luck with shorter wait times, but I'd love to hear the specific explanation for why it will take so long. Is the demand that great (which I completely understand!), and if so what governs your place on the production list?
    Sounds like they just ordered your car this month. Dealers are only allowed to order a certain number of WRXs each month. I'm hearing from others who just ordered now that their ETA's are around November… The good news is that usually delivery estimates are late by about a month, so you might be getting yours closer to the end of September.

Once the dealer can actually order your car, you can get a Vehicle Order Number (VON). VON numbers usually record your place in line at the Subaru factory. From there out, most orders will take about 8-10 weeks to arrive at the dealer. About 2 weeks before your car arrives at the dealer, you will get a VIN.

I've found there to be a lot of variance to delivery times though, even after you have a VON. Each assembly line is usually only making one model/color of car at a time. So your wait time is dependent on when the factory next makes your option combination. Then after your car is shipped to the US, it will get additional options installed at the port. Cars usually spend about a week in the port to get their options installed. If you wanted an option that isn't in stock at the port, your car will wait there until they can get the part.

I'm sure there are a lot of other things going on behind-the-scenes not listed here too. So sometimes it's a bit of a crapshoot trying to figure out when you'll actually get your car.

Excellent, very helpful information, thanks!

I'll post any updates and any information I can extract from my dealer.

Keith D.

Congratulations on your purchase! I just ordered the exact same wrx 2 days ago, and I was told early November. Still a long time to wait, but late October seems late when u ordered in early June. Did you get your VON right away? My dealer gave me my VON on the spot, and even showed me where I was in "line".
    Also, which options did you add the the car? I declined the nav option, and I'm wondering if I made the wrong decision..

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah_Legit View Post
    Congratulations on your purchase! I just ordered the exact same wrx 2 days ago, and I was told early November. Still a long time to wait, but late October seems late when u ordered in early June. Did you get your VON right away? My dealer gave me my VON on the spot, and even showed me where I was in "line".
    Also, which options did you add the the car? I declined the nav option, and I'm wondering if I made the wrong decision..
    Hey Jonah,

I ordered the Limited as it had every option that I wanted anyway, I only added the sub-woofer and tweeter kit. Two different sales guys told me over the past year I have been lurking around the dealership (I test drove the BRZ, fun car but small and tough to see out the rear window) said not to bother with the Subaru navi system, over-priced and not very good. I have never used a Subaru navi, just passing along what the sales guys said. I have and use a Garmin so I never considered it. I have not received the VON yet but my sales guy just got back from vacation so I'll be grilling him as soon as I get him on the phone.

Yeah, can't wait for the WRX, I'm just about to turn over 130,000 miles on my '05 Legacy. Before that I put 80,000 miles on a Forester. Time to buy a fun car with more HP than my motorcycle!

Cheers,
    Keith D.

OK, the very latest. I spoke with the sales guy and he gave me the VON and said their system simply says 'October' for estimated delivery. We'll see.

Keith D.

Got another update from the dealer today. Looks like my ETA was bumped a week earlier to 7/31 (from 8/6). Since that's only a couple of days away, the salesperson tried to track the vehicle. All he could see was that it's on a train somewhere and hasn't yet been loaded onto a truck.

That would make a delivery time of just over 8 weeks. Not bad… Hopefully I'll be in my new ride by this weekend!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.