Ordered a 2015 WRX! - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ordered a 2015 WRX! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I would agree with everyone above. I ordered a DGM limited with h/k and keyless and when I ordred it ...

I would agree with everyone above. I ordered a DGM limited with h/k and keyless and when I ordred it the first week of April they told me 8-10 weeks but I am now on week 11 and they told me they dont even have a delivery month even yet. Seems like if you order a limited plus extra options it takes longer. the wait sucks but i would rather wait for a car that is EXACTLY how i want then them try and sell me one off the lot that i dont really want.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye83 View Post
    I would agree with everyone above. I ordered a DGM limited with h/k and keyless and when I ordred it the first week of April they told me 8-10 weeks but I am now on week 11 and they told me they dont even have a delivery month even yet. Seems like if you order a limited plus extra options it takes longer. the wait sucks but i would rather wait for a car that is EXACTLY how i want then them try and sell me one off the lot that i dont really want.
    where did you order it from? I ordered May 24th and got a VON already. they advised late September but they think it will be here earlier.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    where did you order it from? I ordered May 24th and got a VON already. they advised late September but they think it will be here earlier.

im in South Carolina. Im thinking it will be here in July and the dealers dont want to give me a date probably because they are sick of people calling and asking the status of their car every other day and people getting mad when its not there when they said it would be, which i understand.

Mine got upgraded to end of july
    Might want to recheck yours

Registered User ajaxthecleaner25's Avatar
    Mine was ordered in north jersey on 4/28 (wrx limited ISM) and still no delivery date, they do not give VONs in north jersey, they are on allocation numbers. my dealer says he is 95% sure it will come in july but he said the same thing for June.
    2015 Limited WRX on order . . . JUST GET HERE ALREADY!

Quote Originally Posted by dysect View Post
    Mine got upgraded to end of july
    Might want to recheck yours
    my salesman on Wednesday told me that he had a feeling end of July but as of Wednesday it was showing July. I might email him later today.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I ordered on March 20th, 15 WRX CWP with sport package and mats, arrived May 20th.
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

Warranty friendly mods for now-
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

Learned today that my WRX will arrive at the dealer sometime in August. If it does, then my wait will be 2-3 months depending on when in August it is delivered.
    2015 WRX Premium CVT in WR Blue

Wow zero you guys are getting boinked hard. Just signed the paperwork for mine, will be here July 14th. Ordered mid may.

Quote Originally Posted by mikepj View Post
    Learned today that my WRX will arrive at the dealer sometime in August. If it does, then my wait will be 2-3 months depending on when in August it is delivered.
    When did you order it? (Date please)

When did you order it? (Date please)
    June 3rd.

June 3rd.
    I guess since you ordered a Premium that's why you are being told August delivery date. I ordered my Limited on May 24th and was told September delivery. Of course the salesman thinks sooner than September.

June 3rd.
    Yeah, I ordered my Limited (w/ short shifter and Nav package (for the keyless entry, mostly)) on 6/1, and was recently told August. I'm so stoked!

This'll be my first Subie, and while waiting, I've been scouring this site for tips and need-to-know stuff; So far, my list includes getting a clear bra asap after getting it from the dealership b/c the paint is gonna suck, and the break-in period is 1000 miles; don't go over 4000 rpm for that time. I've also learned that the stereo 'upgrade' is anything but an upgrade and that the NAV sucks. Also learned how to rev-match on these forums, and that there are already a lot of mods that are out there for my car. Probably the most disappointed thing I've heard and verified (via Subaru.com) is that there is no add-on option for a rack for the car; not even any mounting points. Obviously, I've seen some suggestions on how to be able to do that w/ 3rd party stuff (Thule, Yakima, etc); hopefully I'll be able to figure something out before snowboarding season.

Overall, I'm super stoked to be a new subie owner, get my new car, and also part of this awesome community!

This'll be my first Subie, and while waiting, I've been scouring this site for tips and need-to-know stuff; So far, my list includes getting a clear bra asap after getting it from the dealership b/c the paint is gonna suck, and the break-in period is 1000 miles; don't go over 4000 rpm for that time. I've also learned that the stereo 'upgrade' is anything but an upgrade and that the NAV sucks. Also learned how to rev-match on these forums, and that there are already a lot of mods that are out there for my car. Probably the most disappointed thing I've heard and verified (via Subaru.com) is that there is no add-on option for a rack for the car; not even any mounting points. Obviously, I've seen some suggestions on how to be able to do that w/ 3rd party stuff (Thule, Yakima, etc); hopefully I'll be able to figure something out before snowboarding season.
    Agree there is a lot of good knowledge on these forums.

Everyone says the stock stereo sucks too. I listened to it a couple of times with music I know well, and it didn't sound nearly as bad as everyone claimed. It's not perfect by any means, and it wouldn't compare to a nice aftermarket system with discrete amps and subwoofers. But it's not like listening to a boom box either. Bass response with the stock components isn't as deep as I would like, but there is enough bass for listening at reasonable volumes. I plan to add the Kicker tweeters and I might replace the door drivers with Kicker components as well. Everything else I'll leave stock (unless I decide to add a CarPlay system later).

It's a shame that a OEM rack option isn't available anymore. You can add an aftermarket rack though. My mother-in-law added a Thule rack to her SUV a few years back. It was done at a local shop and looks good with the car. You can hear some extra wind noise from the rack on the freeway though.

I might have to look into the clear bra option. I always thought those coatings yellowed with time though? I've also heard that the paint under the bra will have less wear-and-tear, so if you ever take the bra off you'll see a line in the paint where the color won't match. And don't rocks and other road debris just scratch and gouge the clear coat anyway? Unless there is something I'm missing, I don't see a benefit with adding it.

I've seen those glossy coating options, and they look pretty cool. I've heard they last about 5 years, but I'm not sure if they are just aesthetic upgrades or if they add any additional durability to the paint.

Got a call from the dealer today with an updated arrival time…

Ordered: 6/3
    VON: 6/3
    ETA: 8/6
    WRB WRX Premium CVT

Didn't get a VIN yet, but one step closer. Sales guy claimed the cars used to arrive a few days before the ETA, but lately they have been arriving up to around a week late. Hoping it's early. :-)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast