Ordered a 2015 WRX! - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ordered a 2015 WRX! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Jbravo_AK by the time the 2016's come out the production should be much quicker after the camry ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jbravo_AK View Post
    by the time the 2016's come out the production should be much quicker after the camry contract ends and they start building the Wrx and Sti in the US also. I don't know if its going to be built at just the indiana plant or also in japan, will be interesting to see.
    Are you sure they are going to build the WRX/STI in the US? If they take the Impreza and another line over (Forester?), then they would have more space for production of the turbo models in Japan. It only really makes sense to move the higher production models closer to the market they will be sold in.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice!! I ordered a 2015 WRX Limited (ISM w/ short shifter and auto-dim mirror) on 06/06 and was told last week of October. I hope mine gets upgraded too!

Quote Originally Posted by wrxOsaurus View Post
    New guy here.

I just ordered my 2015 WRX Limited (GBP w/ short throw shifter) on 6/2.
    was initially told to expect arrival in "the month of October"; was recently upgraded to "the month of September".

time to get my Zen on.

anyone need a '09 Si?

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    Are you sure they are going to build the WRX/STI in the US? If they take the Impreza and another line over (Forester?), then they would have more space for production of the turbo models in Japan. It only really makes sense to move the higher production models closer to the market they will be sold in.
    according to acouple sites it says all impreza models (WRX and STi included) but then again it could be just a rumor on multiple sites. i guess we will see come 2016. i agree that would be the logical thing to do move everything to indiana and focus on the Wrx and Sti.
    2013 Subaru STI

I live in igloos and hunt seals with my pet polar bear Jean Claude Van Damme.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbravo_AK View Post
    according to acouple sites it says all impreza models (WRX and STi included) but then again it could be just a rumor on multiple sites. i guess we will see come 2016. i agree that would be the logical thing to do move everything to indiana and focus on the Wrx and Sti.
    I guess it's probably not that difficult to make them on the same production line. It's the Outback and Legacy which are made in the US, not the Forester as I thought earlier.

Registered User ajaxthecleaner25's Avatar
    Apparently as soon as plant opens in Indiana, there will be no more Japanese models coming in.
    2015 Limited WRX on order . . . JUST GET HERE ALREADY!

Quote Originally Posted by ajaxthecleaner25 View Post
    Apparently as soon as plant opens in Indiana, there will be no more Japanese models coming in.
    A Sti or Wrx not built in japan just sounds weird to me but i guess it needs to be done to keep up with the demand for them.
    2013 Subaru STI

Quote Originally Posted by wrxOsaurus View Post
    New guy here.

I just ordered my 2015 WRX Limited (GBP w/ short throw shifter) on 6/2.
    was initially told to expect arrival in "the month of October"; was recently upgraded to "the month of September".

time to get my Zen on.
    I just got that email as well!! Whoo hoo! One Month earlier! All the tint/clear bra installation folks are getting tired of me asking them for quotes for a car that I don't have yet. LOL.

Happy waiting!

upgraded again!

...aaaand I just got an email that my car will be here in August!! Woot!

The power of ordering your car in North NJ, no idea on when car is definitely coming due to allocation numbers. No confirmation until car is on boat. My impatience is steadily increasing by the hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbification View Post
    ...aaaand I just got an email that my car will be here in August!! Woot!
    hmmm, i'll call my dealer today (no email yet).

Ordered 6/6, still showing as late October...anybody else get lucky?

Still haven't heard anything for my car ordered on 6/2 (other than the initial 6-8 week estimate). I'll give it a couple more weeks and then give the dealer a call to see if they have any news.

From what I've read, cars with just the general packages and no options are getting filled quicker than ones with extras. I ordered a Premium with no options, so hopefully that means it will actually get here a bit quicker. Once it arrives, I'll install a Homelink mirror and Kicker tweeters myself. Still haven't decided on the center armrest extension…
    2015 WRX Premium CVT in WR Blue

I'm curious how dealers give estimates.. 6-8 weeks.. 8-12 weeks.. 12-16 weeks..

Do they really know?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

They don't know anything, bunch of salesman that just want the sale. They will lie through their teeth to get you to sign no the line. After that, we are the damn pigs that have to wait and wait and wait. Its bogus.

Im sure some of the salesmen make stuff up. my buddy who works at the subaru dealer here says they usually base it off the first order of the new models. like if it takes 2 months for the first 2015 wrx to get here they tell people 2 months regardless of how long it actually may take.
    2013 Subaru STI

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.