Ordered a 2015 WRX! - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ordered a 2015 WRX! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by asindhidude I got the standard stereo as well. Initially, I was disappointed, but after about 2 weeks, ...

Quote Originally Posted by asindhidude View Post
    I got the standard stereo as well. Initially, I was disappointed, but after about 2 weeks, I feel like it started sounding better. I also did the loud mode trick, and that helped a bit.

I heard a review on YouTube, on a channel called Bar and Track, they had a car with the standard stereo plus Kicker upgrade; they didn't seem at all impressed, FWIW.
    Yeah, I heard the Kicker components aren't very good for an after-market setup. From what I've read, if you stick with the stock head unit, the Kicker door speakers require more power than the head unit can really dish out. (If you upgrade the head unit, they sound better though.) The Kicker sub is self-powered, so that would only improve the sound quality I think (at the expense of trunk space). However, from what I've read, if you replace the stock 3" "tweeters" with the Kicker tweeters, the head unit can handle the load and it really makes it sound a lot cleaner. For $90 and an hour of my time to install them, I'm going to give it a go.

I'll give it a few weeks though to see how it sounds first. Thanks for the tip on that.
    2015 WRX Premium CVT in WR Blue

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Chief_WRX View Post
    The struggles of living in a 1st world country.
    I know, right? Life is tough. I'll be trying to forget about it until I hear from the dealer. :-)

I ordered mine in first week of April. Got the VON after two months. And the delivery is September or early October. 5-6 months wait.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedInd View Post
    I ordered mine in first week of April. Got the VON after two months. And the delivery is September or early October. 5-6 months wait.
    That's pretty extreme. I'd be tempted to try to find a similar configuration at a dealer while you wait. Find something on a lot that's relatively close, jump on it.

Keep hearing about these really long waits. I hope it doesn't become the usual for this model year…

Quote Originally Posted by mikepj View Post
    Greetings everyone from a 1st time Subaru owner. I just ordered a 2015 WRX yesterday. Premium trim in WRB with a CVT. Dealer claims it will arrive in 6-8 weeks. From everything I've heard that's optimistic, but we'll see.

Coming from a 2003 Mazda 6s with a MT. Have loved this car for the past 11 years, but it's time for something new. Really going to appreciate AWD during the winter months here in Michigan. Planning to get a set of snows this fall (not sure if I'll put them on steel rims or find some alloys).

Looking forward to learning more about the car here over the next couple of months while waiting for mine to arrive.
    Congrats on the order! I hope your one of the lucky ones and your wait is shorter than expected.

Ordered a base wrx, wrb w/ short shiftier and auto-dimming mirror on 5/28/14, got the von on 5/30/14. SOA stated ETA is 9/2014

That's absurd, I know the dealer told me 4-12 weeks but 16-20 weeks is nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by dysect View Post
    Ordered a base wrx, wrb w/ short shiftier and auto-dimming mirror on 5/28/14, got the von on 5/30/14. SOA stated ETA is 9/2014

That's absurd, I know the dealer told me 4-12 weeks but 16-20 weeks is nuts.
    It's because you ordered a Base WRX. Most likely your dealership will get allotted one so that's why you were quoted 4-12 weeks from the dealership. If it was a Limited you will be waiting the maximum amount of time.

I see you are in Maryland. What dealership did you order from?

Heritage. I'm fine with the 4-12 but 16-20 is a bit too much imo.

I ordered mine from Wilkins.

New guy here.

I just ordered my 2015 WRX Limited (GBP w/ short throw shifter) on 6/2.
    was initially told to expect arrival in "the month of October"; was recently upgraded to "the month of September".

time to get my Zen on.

anyone need a '09 Si?

If you get upgraded then I will. I ordered about 10 days before you.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Registered User ajaxthecleaner25's Avatar
    Who do i have to contact to get my VON? I order mine 4/28 and no confirmation of July delivery.
    2015 Limited WRX on order . . . JUST GET HERE ALREADY!

I Support ClubWRX
    Call/contact the salesperson you ordered from at the dealership.

waiting sucks i got lucky went in to order one but they had one that was almost exactly what i wanted on its way. lucky i guess. they told me it would be here 6/20. lighting red, 6mt, base model.

by the time the 2016's come out the production should be much quicker after the camry contract ends and they start building the Wrx and Sti in the US also. I don't know if its going to be built at just the indiana plant or also in japan, will be interesting to see.
    2013 Subaru STI

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast