New Subie Owner

This is a discussion on New Subie Owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys! I just bought a '08 WRX about a month ago. I've always loved Subies, my parents had an ...

New Subie Owner

Hey guys! I just bought a '08 WRX about a month ago. I've always loved Subies, my parents had an outback for about 300k miles when I was growing up. Any mods I should get straight off the bat? I've just done some cosmetic stuff mainly right now. Gofastbits BOV, Nameless muffler delete, Cobb shift knob. Oh and there was sundamage on my hoodscoop when I bought it so I plasti dip'd it. Going to get it painted eventually.

Here's the babe
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C7F2E2F6-77A2-4BD0-A8E0-325E345D7AC2.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	131.3 KB 
ID:	152145

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome. Set your BOV to recirculate if you can otherwise get a stock or aftermarket recirculating BOV. if you are looking for engine performance mods get an accessport to tune the car then a downpipe. Other wise short throw shifter and bushings sway bars & end links
    How many miles on the engine?
    Last edited by cflip2x; 06-04-2014 at 02:07 PM.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Ya it's set to recirculate. I has 80k on it

I Support ClubWRX
    How much do you drive a year?
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

About 15k a year.

I Support ClubWRX
    Well put some money aside for a timing belt change. After that maybe get an access port or check into etuning with a tactrix cable unless you want to go with suspension mods

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    What type of mods you should do would depend on what your goals are for the car. More power? Better handling? Just looks? All of the above? Also, what is your budget and what is the ultimate power goal you are shooting for? If it is planned to be a big build then building a good foundation is where I would start (for example, bushings, struts/springs/sways/endlinks, brakes (SS lines, pads, fluid), better tires, winter tires if you are in a cold zone), etc. Provide us with a goal (or particular areas you find weak and want to improve) and we will better be able to steer you in the right direction.

Welcome to the club

welcome Drive Safely

When should I replace the timing belt? And ya I set it to recirculate already.

My goal for my car is mainly cosmetic. Once I can afford an '11+ sti I plan on trading it in. My budget for this car is 2k. I just want something unique that is different than all the stock wrx's out there.

I Support ClubWRX
    Timing belt comes at 105K miles. You already have a pretty good look going...I would say that if you are planning on trading up for an STi then just save the money for that day!

Ok cool. Also why doesn't it come with a boost gauge? Should I buy one or is it unnecessary?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Itstwintime View Post
    Ok cool. Also why doesn't it come with a boost gauge? Should I buy one or is it unnecessary?
    Because subaru is cheap. Turbo cars should have boost guages. If you do one gauge, make it the boost.