How to read/use the boost gauge?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on How to read/use the boost gauge? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello, I just recently ordered my '15 WRX (GBP, Limited), and am so excited about owning my first Subaru! Too ...

How to read/use the boost gauge?

Hello,

I just recently ordered my '15 WRX (GBP, Limited), and am so excited about owning my first Subaru! Too bad I have to wait till Fall to get mine.

Anyway, since I've not driven a car that's had a boost gauge (nor boost for that matter), I was wondering if any of you fine folks could give some tips on what to look for when I'm driving this beast on the freeway. This is my daily commuter, so I won't be taking it on the track at all; just wanted a faster car (coming from driving a vw beetle ) that could also take me snowboarding in the winter.

Any help would be much appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Don't you have an electronic boost gauge in the multifunction screen?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Stinkeye member 520

Yep; just don't know what I should be looking for when the needle moves. Hehe...sorry; total n00b.

I Support ClubWRX
    Just look at it if its is below 0 its technically inches of mercury and + 0 is how many pounds of boost your running. Thats its nothing special. If you know what your max boost is set mine was set to 15ps by the factory then you should be able to hit that if you cant then you have a boost leak. Now just because you dont hit it all the time doesn't mean your car isnt working. Your car will never be at max boost all the time.

2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I wanna say you have a bit of play either way by about 1 psi

Stinkeye member 520

I Support ClubWRX
    You should focus on the road more then the gauge.

2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

The boost gauge changes more based on engine RPM and throttle position than your current speed. When the boost gauge reads positive, the turbo is forcing air into your engine and giving you more power. When it reads negative, the engine is sucking in its own air (usually this happens before the turbo spools up, or while at idle, and is evident to the driver as turbo lag).

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.