2009 WRX Timing Belt Replacement
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2009 WRX Timing Belt Replacement within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just picked up a 2015 STI 2 weeks ago, the dealership didn't want to give me much for my ...

2009 WRX Timing Belt Replacement

I just picked up a 2015 STI 2 weeks ago, the dealership didn't want to give me much for my 09' WRX that's in great condition so I decided to keep it and do a private sale. With 94,500 miles on it the first question I get is do I still have it. Next question is always, "Has the timing belt and water pump been replaced yet?" So obviously I need to do it before I can sell it. Looking at the timing belt kits for this year WRX they are more expensive then previous kits. Where is the best place to get the kit for the best price? I was looking to get the Gates kit. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Timing belt is another 10K+ miles away from being due. Have you completed at least the 30/60/90 service intervals? If so, reply that maintenance is up-to-date with manufacturer schedule. Assuming average use of the vehicle, they're looking at almost a year before timing belt will be due.

That said, if you're set on doing the Timing Belt service, I can set you up with a kit. While you're there, I always recommend an OE water pump gasket, new OE thermostat, and an OE thermostat gasket in addition to the Gates kit. Although, seeing as you'll be selling the car basically immediately afterwards, it's your call whether or not you want to incur that extra expense ($25-35 more) for someone else's benefit.

+1 for wtf tuning. the dealer that sold me my 02 went to the trouble of replacing the head gaskets and timing belt/waterpump. they neglected to replace the pulleys with the belt leading me to nearly kill my engine at 120k miles when one broke, thankfully not throwing the belt in the process. if thats the gates kit that has em, kudos. you can even use that as a selling point too, that you went the extra (ouch)$$ to make sure it was all done right.
    Last edited by tirerob; 06-04-2014 at 08:06 PM. Reason: cant read
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.