Hello from NJ
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hello from NJ within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi guys, My name is Joe Cerillo. I just bought a 2013 Subaru WRX in blue. The previous owner put ...

Hello from NJ

Hi guys,

My name is Joe Cerillo. I just bought a 2013 Subaru WRX in blue. The previous owner put some Cobb Tuning stickers on the window, which leads me to assume he did some things to the car but idk what he did since he traded it to the dealer.

There is probably no way to know unless i brought it somewhere, but i just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

Looking forward to making some upgrades with my new baby, with some direction from you guys.

Thanks!

joe Cerillo
    New Jersey

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome take some pics if you can. Maybe it's just something simple like adjustable shifter or could be performance mods.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

welcome

Welcome Joe. Congrats on the new Subie... I just moved from NJ to TX last year. Grew up in NJ and lived there 95% of my life in the central area near New Bruns and Edison. Anyways enjoy the Subie and be safe.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s1.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	141.8 KB 
ID:	151817

Ill take some more tonight. Thanks for your help

Ok, well obviously your car has, what appears to be I think the AEM cold air intake. Your car MUST be tuned for this. I would guess that the previous owner went stage 1, maybe even stage 2. But without knowing if your car is still tuned for that intake, i would remove it and put the stock intake back on. If you did not recieve the stock intake with the car, stay out of boost as much as possible until you get an accessport to tune for the intake.
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-maniac View Post
    Ok, well obviously your car has, what appears to be I think the AEM cold air intake. Your car MUST be tuned for this. I would guess that the previous owner went stage 1, maybe even stage 2. But without knowing if your car is still tuned for that intake, i would remove it and put the stock intake back on. If you did not recieve the stock intake with the car, stay out of boost as much as possible until you get an accessport to tune for the intake.
    When you buy the accessport, does it come with a good tune or do you have to pay extra over and above the device for the tune?

I Support ClubWRX
    COBB Tuning - Subaru Accessport V3 (003)

They have some good safe maps available. The easiest way to tune your car with basic performance mods is to get the accessport. You can find an unmarried V2 accessport for around $400
    Though there are other options. You can get a custom tune or get a tactrix cable and get an ETune though.
    Last edited by cflip2x; 06-01-2014 at 08:28 PM.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

the accessport is so great, I'm glad I got one. You should really determine if there is a downpipe already installed too.

What do I look for to see if there's a down pipe? I'm gonna try to get the previous owners phone number tomorrow somehow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    (Joe Cerillo)
    2013 WRX Hatch (WR Blue)
    -SPT Exhaust -AEM Intake-cobb Down Pipe-Cobb V3-1000 cc injectors-upgraded Fuel pump-Process West intercooler
    -Grimm Speed Light weight pulley-Pro Tune

Registered User ajaxthecleaner25's Avatar
    Pop the bonnet (hood) and look down, left of the intercooler. If there is no heat shield then it will be easy to tell if you have an aftermarket DP or stock. But from the one pic you took, it looks like you have a stock heat shield which leads me to believe you have a stock DP, but i can be mistaken due to the angle of picture. You can also get under the car and see from the bottom up in the same location and where the mid pipe meets the DP. If there is a second cat then it is the stock pipe. Here is a link that shows good pictures of what i mean, scroll down two thirds of the way down. Notice the comparison picture between stock and aftermarket (aftermarket is a catted DP), and also the picture from the top looking down left of intercooler. Hope this helps you out.

GR Hatch: STUSSY's 2011 Subaru STI 5 doors (pearl white) part 1 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
    2015 Limited WRX on order . . . JUST GET HERE ALREADY!

I Support ClubWRX
    If your still not sure take more pictures right in front of the passengers side should look similar
    though this one has the SPT heat shield your heat shield (from what little we can see) looks oem though someone would have to trim it to fit an aftermarket downpipe

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

If this is the correct pipe, it had a black letter "P" on it

Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    (Joe Cerillo)
    2013 WRX Hatch (WR Blue)
    -SPT Exhaust -AEM Intake-cobb Down Pipe-Cobb V3-1000 cc injectors-upgraded Fuel pump-Process West intercooler
    -Grimm Speed Light weight pulley-Pro Tune

I Support ClubWRX
    Im going with aftermarket since it has the extra bung for wideband sensor. stay out of boost till you get a tune for that car to play it safe.

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Registered User ajaxthecleaner25's Avatar
    I agree with cflip2x but the picture is a bit unclear with lighting. I would say get your camera under the car and shoot a pic of the connection between the DP and the mid pip so we can see what kind of cat is there. Also, is your exhaust note loud and do you have an aftermarket CBE or axle back? Take a pic too if your unsure of that.
    2015 Limited WRX on order . . . JUST GET HERE ALREADY!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.