Hello from NJ - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hello from NJ within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 11blackSTi I would personally go with an oil pressure gauge over an oil temperature gauge if you ...

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    I would personally go with an oil pressure gauge over an oil temperature gauge if you had to choose between the two. Only rationale being that the biggest disaster for oil in a motor would be a loss of oil. An oil pressure gauge would give you a fairly good indication that this is occurring. Obviously oil can be too hot or cold, but on a daily driving vehicle neither condition is likely to cause a failed engine. Just use a common sense rule of thumb and wait for the engine to warm up before you pound on it. Just my opinion though, lots of people go with an oil temp gauge (heck, I don't have oil temp or oil pressure!).
    +1
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

IMO I would stop thinking about what next to do with your car. Maybe get a compression test to make sure you didn't do any damage to your car from driving it without a tune.

Hey lil late for this welcome to the site good lookin ride u got there. Gettin lots of good info only thing I can stress to u is get a tune consider it money saved instead of a new engine. What part of Jersey u in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered User ajaxthecleaner25's Avatar
    go to precision tunning
    2015 Limited WRX on order . . . JUST GET HERE ALREADY!

Thanks guys, I talked to precision and I'm gonna go there in a couple weeks when funds allow it lol I just got my access tuner today and mounted it to the dash. As well as my Grimm speed plate relocate. Installed them both. Also picked up a lathe werks shift knob with my initials . I did the stage 2 + aem 93 tune

Again thanks for all your help! I'm in monmouth county/ freehold area. By woolys fish market on 9

Registered User ajaxthecleaner25's Avatar
    Any time man, and i think i speak for all when we say we are happy that you want to take care of your car the right way.
    BTW i live in freehold, off of iron bridge in college park. Where are you from?
    2015 Limited WRX on order . . . JUST GET HERE ALREADY!

I love in moores landing right down the street from you lol between Strickland rd and route 9

Looking good man! So glad you got the accessport and got her tuned correctly! And hey just a tip, I mounted my accessport in the same location. But you need to hide that long wire! I just used the twist tie that came with it, wrapped up the wire so there was just enough slack to get to the accessport, then tucked it underneath of my steering wheel and out of the way. Just an option. But car looks great and keep up the good work!
    Stink-Eye Mob #301

Now the big question of the day is... Do you unplug your Access tuner from the port plug every time you get out of the car? Or do you just power it off from the button and leave it plugged in?

Just wondering if the Port draws power when the car is off that might kill the battery???

Thanks!

As long as you power it off whenever you turn off your car you will be fine. Mine has been plugged in ever since I went stage 2 bc I run a few different gauges on it while driving. Thats the best part about the new V3, it has a power button! The older ones didnt and you had to unplug it every time you turned your car off which was a pain! Just make sure, like I said, to unplug whenever you are done driving, and your battery wont drain at all.
    Stink-Eye Mob #301

Quote Originally Posted by jcerillo70 View Post
    Ok so I just talked to the previous owner.

His Cobb access time got wet and he left the tune in the car.
    So since nobody else asked or mentioned this: The car allegedly has a V2 AP tune still on it, and the AP "got wet." So if the V2 AP is still married to the car, the V3 let you marry to ECU?
    '14 SWP STI

It did, the new tune went in to it pretty quick.

On a side note, the cats which were once cut... The dealership said they had to patch them before they sell me the car... How hard would it be to undo that... Or should I just bring it to meineke where they did the horrible patch job in the first place

Why were the cats cut? If you're gonna keep the car just replace the whole exhaust system with aftermarket.

Those windshield decals may attract police attention, towns are broke and that's an easy ticket.
    '14 SWP STI

Exaust is a factory spt exaust. It's a $1800 add. Is there a better one u guys recommend? Meineke down the street custom fabs exaust's. They did nice flow master 40's on my charger

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast