Hello from NJ - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hello from NJ within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I didn't think of it before, I think a double pod on the a pillar would be amazing. I have ...

I didn't think of it before, I think a double pod on the a pillar would be amazing. I have to find the piece for a 2013. That site has one for older models.

Now I'm on a mission hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    No prob I just tucked my wires under the dash they dont really get in the way. I only plug straight into the obdii when flashing the ecu otherwise I use my splitter which has a right angle
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Ok so I just talked to the previous owner.

It's has the
    -aem cold air intake
    -Cobb down pipe
    -v2 Cobb access tune
    Stock spt exaust

His Cobb access time got wet and he left the tune in the car.

So he recommended

1.getting a pro-tune
    2.a up pipe
    3.maybe Cobb cats
    4.suspension upgrades

I feel much better knowing now

I Support ClubWRX
    Why would you need a new up pipe unless that's what he would suggest as the next upgrade and what Cobb cats?
    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Idk what an up-pipe is but he recommended that lol and a Cobb exhaust he said might have a better tone

Well its good that you contacted the previous owner. And, as far as i can tell from the pictures, the mods he stated are what I'm seeing. But, you have no way to tell if the car still has the stage 2 tune or not. He may have just told you that bc he knows the car is unsafe without the tune, and didnt want any trouble because of it. So, what im saying is, dont go out and drive it hard just because he said it was still tuned. Not insulting your intelligence here, just looking out for you. Baby the car until you get an accessport and flash the stage 2 tune yourself to the car.

Also, dont listen to him about the uppipe, that makes no sense. The stock uppipe is just fine with your mods for now. Honestly, you next performance mods should be a larger top mount intercooler, a better BPV, and maybe a 3-port ebcs, wrapped up with a protune. Just remember, a 650 dollar tuner is cheaper than a few thousand dollar engine!
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

And an uppipe is the piece of exhaust that goes from your exhaust manifold to the turbo. Exhaust path is manifold/crosspipe, uppipe, turbo, downpipe, catback.
    Stink-Eye Mob #301

Hello from NJ

Thanks wrx-maniac ! You the man.

Now as far as gauges I'm gonna go aem digital.

I guess boost, oil/trans/coolant temp, and I wanted a 02 sensor but I only see ones that do air fuel in digital.

So 3 gauges total, those seem to be the way to go for my setup. What do you guys do for gauges?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jcerillo70 View Post
    Thanks wrx-maniac ! You the man.

Now as far as gauges I'm gonna go aem digital.

I guess boost, oil/trans/coolant temp, and I wanted a 02 sensor but I only see ones that do air fuel in digital

Air/Fuel ratio gauge with a wideband 02 sensor (UEGO for AEM) is a solid choice for a gauge. I have that plus the boost gauge.

Afr is what you want. I'd go with an analog boost gauge thougj instead of digital. More accurate and allows you to see if you're boost spike or creep where you might miss it with a digital gauge

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Air/Fuel ratio gauge with a wideband 02 sensor (UEGO for AEM) is a solid choice for a gauge. I have that plus the boost gauge.
    Is this the one for wb02?

AEM UEGO Wideband Controller AFR Gauge 30-4100 at RallySportDirect.com

Yes, AFR gauge is almost a must. And your tuner will be happy you have it when it comes time for a pro-tune. And the install should be pretty easy since the DP already has the bung for the sensor. The other most important gauges in my opinion are boost and oil pressure. I really like the steering wheel cloumn gauge pod that perrin sells. Nice clean look. Check them out.
    Stink-Eye Mob #301

I Support ClubWRX

The air/fuel (wideband) is an o2 sensor AEM is a good one http://smyperformance.com/sti-wrx/20...stall-kit.html
    Others go with Defi gauges. I have had luck with my prosports they are more on the entry level but I have been happy. Also no need to worry about mechanical vs electric you should be fine with electric yes they may not respond as fast but its really no big deal for everyday use. Also If you are going with an audio upgrade you may want yo consider a new hu rather then speakers.

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Im gonna go like this then, id rather go digital so i can see it quickly and easily.

AEM Boost Gauge Digital 52mm 30-4406 at RallySportDirect.com

AEM Oil/Transmission/Coolant Temperature Gauge Digital 52mm 30-4402 at RallySportDirect.com

I really love the 3 pod a pillar mount. Im gonna run that and worst case i can always switch it to center if i hate it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jcerillo70 View Post
    Im gonna go like this then, id rather go digital so i can see it quickly and easily.

AEM Boost Gauge Digital 52mm 30-4406 at RallySportDirect.com

AEM Oil/Transmission/Coolant Temperature Gauge Digital 52mm 30-4402 at RallySportDirect.com

I really love the 3 pod a pillar mount. Im gonna run that and worst case i can always switch it to center if i hate it.
    I would personally go with an oil pressure gauge over an oil temperature gauge if you had to choose between the two. Only rationale being that the biggest disaster for oil in a motor would be a loss of oil. An oil pressure gauge would give you a fairly good indication that this is occurring. Obviously oil can be too hot or cold, but on a daily driving vehicle neither condition is likely to cause a failed engine. Just use a common sense rule of thumb and wait for the engine to warm up before you pound on it. Just my opinion though, lots of people go with an oil temp gauge (heck, I don't have oil temp or oil pressure!).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast