Hello from NJ - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hello from NJ within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Exhaust says spt, it is defiantly loud lol. I'll take pics now before I go to work Sent from my ...

Exhaust says spt, it is defiantly loud lol. I'll take pics now before I go to work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User ajaxthecleaner25's Avatar
    SPT is the aftermarket exhaust made by subaru. so that makes it a bit louder but not by much. We shall see after you post the pics of DP.
    2015 Limited WRX on order . . . JUST GET HERE ALREADY!

Here's my answer, "Cobb" on the top under the shield

I Support ClubWRX
    Long story short, as everyone has mentioned, you need to get this car tuned properly for the intake and downpipe. Get an accessport yesterday, and stay out of boost until you can flash stage 2.

Done! Thanks guys. after the access port, then I'll be itching to find the next thing to do to her hahaha

Registered User ajaxthecleaner25's Avatar
    Catted DP and SPT exhaust. Accesport and stage II immediately. Whats on your to do list?
    2015 Limited WRX on order . . . JUST GET HERE ALREADY!

I'm gonna get the previous owners number and find out if there's a short throw and a access tune... I've been modding chargers forever. I'm not sure what's next on the wrx list. I'll have to do a little research lol whatever gets me the most hp without sacrifices on quality

I also have to find out what a stage 2 consist of lol

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jcerillo70 View Post
    I also have to find out what a stage 2 consist of lol

Stage 2 is just what is the formal way to say "I have a downpipe and a tune for the downpipe." You can have a stage 2 plus Cold Air Intake, which you will have after you tune. You will want to get the proper tuning map for you gas too (for example 91 octane or 93 octane). These are "off the shelf" or canned maps. General purpose for anyone that has the accessport to use. If you want to get a pro-tune they can dial it in much better for you, but honestly if you are going to plan on further modding I would wait to get the pro-tune. Another option is a custom e-tune, which you would get tailored for you car to a certain extent (this can be done with the AccessPort (AP), or tactrix cable and laptop (opensource)). Again, you typically pay for e-tunes though they are cheaper than live dyno pro-tunes.

Also, I noticed you mentioned above that you are wondering if you had an "access tune" on your car. If the car did not come with an accessport, then it is unlikely that you have a stage 2 tune, due to the fact that to sell the accessport afterwards (which the previous owner probably did - that is if it was ever properly tuned), then you would have to un-install the device, which involves removing the stage 2 tune. I agree it is a good idea to call the prev owner though, just to make sure you are aware of all the mods.

Thank you so much! What's the next step you would do after I get the access tune?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jcerillo70 View Post
    Thank you so much! What's the next step you would do after I get the access tune?

Drive the car for a little while

Seriously though. Do it. Then you might find weak spots you want to improve, like braking, suspension, etc.

I Support ClubWRX
    You should be more then happy with Stg 2 next I would get rid of that shifter but thats me. After that I would go with suspension upgrades. And or some extra gauges if it doenst have them. Lukily its the cobb downpipe so you have a high flow cat on there.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I was thinking gauges right after tune, definitely a boost gauge (I'll have to find a nice one)if u have any suggestions let me know.

Then I'm going to weigh out if there's maybe 1 more I need. But if I put just the boost gauge on the left dash by itself I think it would be cool. Unless I got a 3 or 4 gauge cluster in the center

I Support ClubWRX
    I went with an SMY cluster with boost and oil pressure. I am not a fan of the triple pillar gauges, and the center gauge solutions they have for the car dont really look good unless you wrap the dash
    (just my opinion)

the 08-14 dont really have a seam on the dash for it to flow properly.

I have always likes this but its black and wont look as nice in the regular wrx interior
    Windshield Dual Gauge Pod 2008-2014 Impreza/WRX/STI | FastWRX.com

People have vent gauges but I dont like those too much. If you get the V3 access port It reads some of the ECU sensors so you can use that. Or go with something like the Ultragauge which just plugs into the obdii port. I have one with a splitter and for $60ish I like it as a more detailed trip computer. Since you have the option to add the windeband I would get one of those.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I figured for $70 I'll have the the tune shop install 1 or 2,If anything. Then I won't have to worry about wires all over and my big ass knocking them out of the obd port getting in the car lol I'll check it out. Thanks brother

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast