Gas smell inside cab.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Gas smell inside cab. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; When I get into if pretty hard there seems to be a heavy Gas smell inside my 2004 WRX Custom ...

Gas smell inside cab.

When I get into if pretty hard there seems to be a heavy Gas smell inside my 2004 WRX Custom ?? Thats the only time it. Happens any ideas ?? Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    What modifications?
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Look for exhaust leaks as well

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Stinkeye member 520

Exhaust apexin1 cold air intake thats it

I Support ClubWRX
    Is that just a catback?

Look for fuel leaks (could be under the manifold though)

Put the stock air box back in unless you are tuned for that intake - it may be making you run rich (or lean which is far worse but doesn't smell like gas).

Ok thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Is that just a catback?

Look for fuel leaks (could be under the manifold though)

Put the stock air box back in unless you are tuned for that intake - it may be making you run rich (or lean which is far worse but doesn't smell like gas).
    +1

This was one of my first posts as well. Mine turned outto be the little rubber fuel lines under the intake. Quite a job to repair without taking the intake off but I got it done. No more smell after two years just about.
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

If all else fails from everyone else's thoughts, there was a recall on 2002-2006 WRX's for the vacuum tubes that was causing gas fumes to go into the cabin. I've had two separate WRX's that I had the recall done on. I would check and see if it was complied with on your car.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kpeters View Post
    If all else fails from everyone else's thoughts, there was a recall on 2002-2006 WRX's for the vacuum tubes that was causing gas fumes to go into the cabin. I've had two separate WRX's that I had the recall done on. I would check and see if it was complied with on your car.
    Yeah, when I clicked in here I was shocked that it wasn't a bugeye in the cold. We have a sticky on that and I have had it done myself.

OP - you might want to google that for pics to see where it was happening - might be similar although your year isn't known for it. IIRC it was a fuel line that was contracting in the cold.

Thanks again for the info gonna try ANC see if that recall has been done buoght the car about 8 months ago so may be hard to fine out

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.