Fabricated exhaust
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Fabricated exhaust within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just testing the waters to see who on here has fabricated their own exhaust for their 2008+ wrx...

Fabricated exhaust

Just testing the waters to see who on here has fabricated their own exhaust for their 2008+ wrx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had a custom straight pipe for a while until I traded it but that was so bada** she was very loud

Sent from my fridge using Tapatalk
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

Would you happen to remember the dimensions you used by any chance?

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PhillySS View Post
    Would you happen to remember the dimensions you used by any chance?

Why don't you just get under your car and measure the stock exhaust dimensions? It would have to be similar because of the lack of space under the car for it to fit any other way.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I would but I don't have one Lol! Hence why I asked. If I could I definitely would I'm just seeing who has done it, seeing what I have to plan when I do get mine

Ohhh...so you have no exhaust? hahaha
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Haha no I don't have a wrx just yet, Ive been planning what to do with a wrx Cuz ik I'm settled on getting one just need a little bit more for a downpayment yknow?

Oh, now I get it. Derp. It's Friday, cut me some slack.

Lol I hear ya waiting for 530 to roll around! 😂

I made my own exhaust. I unbolted my exhaust from the 2bolt ball flex and removed it. I installed a similar 2bolt flange, went with 3"mandrel bent tubing,14x4" round magnaflow resonator, a magnaflow 14x6" round muffler exiting out the passenger side through a 5" tip.

It sounds great around town, but on the freeway there is drone around 3000-3200rpm.

Planning on cutting off resonator and installing 18" resonator. If that is not good enough, I will install a Wicked flow 18x5x8" muffler.
    14 sedan Limited: AEM intake, Tomioka IC hose, Cobb AP V3, Invidia down pipe with 3" cat, custom 3" mandrel bent single exhaust, Aem air fuel gauge,Cobb knob,Perrin Pitch Stop mount, SPT front strut tower brace, K-Sport coilovers@1.5" drop.

07 Duramax LBZ- 26psi,intake, TBE, Diablosport programmer, Edge Insight with EGT, EGR block off, BD exhaust manifold, PPE fuel valve.

Thanks 100plus this is really helpful. I plan on making a 3.25" OD 3 piece stainless system from the bat back. I want it to sound aggressive but yet tolerable enough so I'm not wearing my ear plugs just to get sonic. I'll definitely look up those resonators and let me know how yours turns out.

If memory serves, the # for the resonator was 14419, and 12619 for the muffler.

I will put up some pics this weekend for my exhaust so you can see.

Interesting that you chose 3.25" exhaust. After 3", 3.5" is usually the next step. Where are you sourcing this size from?

Is your car lowered?
    14 sedan Limited: AEM intake, Tomioka IC hose, Cobb AP V3, Invidia down pipe with 3" cat, custom 3" mandrel bent single exhaust, Aem air fuel gauge,Cobb knob,Perrin Pitch Stop mount, SPT front strut tower brace, K-Sport coilovers@1.5" drop.

07 Duramax LBZ- 26psi,intake, TBE, Diablosport programmer, Edge Insight with EGT, EGR block off, BD exhaust manifold, PPE fuel valve.

Its the extra size we have at my work. I have 3 10' tubes to work with, no I don't have it yet. Just planning it out Cuz I know for sure I want a 2012 wrx. I do plan to lower though I want a .75-1" drop any suggestions? I was looking at Megan and tein coils

The reason I asked is because i made my exhaust with as few bends as possible at stock height. Later I lowered it 1.5" and I have scrapped the muffler a couple times. All I have to do is an s bend to get the muffler up higher and I'm good.

I was dead set on tein coils at first because they had the drop i wanted for around $200. I found a lot of negative reviews so I went with coilovers instead and never looked back.

Here are some pics. The car was running at the time, so the clarity is not that great.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	resonator.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	151753

Name:	diff.jpg 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	151761

Name:	muffler.jpg 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	151769

Name:	reartip.jpg 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	151777
    This last photo was taken before the car was lowered.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast