New WRX Owner

This is a discussion on New WRX Owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Purchased my first Subaru about 3 weeks ago. Coming from a 98 Toyota Tacoma that i have owned new since ...

New WRX Owner

Purchased my first Subaru about 3 weeks ago. Coming from a 98 Toyota Tacoma that i have owned new since i was 17, this car is a beast.

I had made an offer with the dealer to sell the car with an Magnaflow exhaust. But it was not in stock when I bought the car. So i was able to drive the car without it for a while. After installing it i was not impressed, the car actually performed worse in top gears (sluggish). Did my research and found out that magnaflow did not have an exhaust out yet for the 2015 (2.0L) yet and the dealer ordered one for the 2014 model (2.5L). so i presented this to the dealer and they removed it right away. and now they are getting some other options for me to look at for a replacement.

other than that, i have only tinted the windows (20%). looking to replace the stock radio soon.

Subaru WRX by WudChuK, on Flickr

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Looking good bro!!!

Silver is one of the better looking colors on the 2015. Congrats!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Hawt!

Tell us what exhaust you end up finally getting.

Will do, i will probably present the forum with my options when i get them and see who likes what better.

I Support ClubWRX
    I, too will have a 15 RallyBlue Rex6MT by June 10, hopefully..on boat # 79. Do you know if a radio swap will affect other display, bluetooth, etc etc. What choices have you decided on and will you change any speakers? I don't know whether it is a mediocre stereo or mediocre speakers? Your thoughts? Enjoy. I am in Maine.

Mike (Guzziman)

Quote Originally Posted by guzziman View Post
    I don't know whether it is a mediocre stereo or mediocre speakers? Your thoughts
    I believe the general consensus is that it's the head unit that is the bottleneck for the system. Just swap it out and you should be good to go - though I'm not sure how that affects things like bluetooth and the like.

welcome to the club drive safe

as for the radio... its not that great. under powered for sure!
    i plan to swap it out asap. and get the steering control kit to adapt to the new radio.

can check this video out to see how easy it is to swap the radio out.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCaeIiHfwTw

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by WudChuK View Post
    as for the radio... its not that great. under powered for sure!
    i plan to swap it out asap. and get the steering control kit to adapt to the new radio.

can check this video out to see how easy it is to swap the radio out.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCaeIiHfwTw
    One thing Subaru has always done right is make it easy for the stock head unit to be removed and replaced. Its almost that they KNOW that their headunits are underpowered and suck and that we want to change them out.

In my old 07 STI Limited I had the stock head unit out, new Nav unit installed, complete with bypass, reverse sensor, and speed sensor all done in 15 minutes flat- with nothing but a Swiss Army Knife and twist caps
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying