Newbie Questions :)!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Newbie Questions :)!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I think you should save up for some grammar lessons....

I think you should save up for some grammar lessons.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by A265 View Post
    How is that possible? Are laws in florida different? Isn't the legal age to get a licence 16?
    I drove jeeps and large trucks on our property when i was 10. Instead of buying me a GoKart i had a old ass jeep that my uncles got me for hunting. I didn't need a license to drive on our property so i had tons of fun.

When i was 15 i had a Civic that i took to the track and when i turned 17 the WRX hit the market but i didn't have the funds to buy one until i joined the Marines. However, I never purchased my childhood dream car until i was almost 30 (well im a few day away now).

If you can afford the car then buy it. You only have one chance in life to do what you really want to do. Then you'll get married and you gun money will turn to baby money. Therefore, i suggest having fun and being safe while you can. The Subaru is way safer than the Honda. If you plan on modding the car then youll blow crap up in the honda anyway so you might as well get a car that is turbo charged already.

Ive owned 3 hondas and they arent bad cars to modify but they cost money to make reliable power depending on the block (these were 90s early 2000s. Not sure how they handle power these days since ive been out of the Honda game for a while now).

Neon SRT 4s can be decent cars. I've seen some fast ones, and if you dont heavily mod them then they are pretty reliable.

My buddy had a 2006 WRX that he just gave to his 15 year old son as a track car. The car is still as reliable and safe as it was from day one. They are great cars if you find one that's been taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I think you should save up for some grammar lessons.
    My grammar sucks at times when im on the forums and im an English major. Im not getting paid to be here and its not an assignment so there is little reason for me to care if my sentence is grammatically correct. Moreover, i use a tablet or phone to communicate on the forums so ensuring my sentence structure and word choice is up to the high standards of those viewing my dribble would take more time than i care to put forth on such an endeavor.

Thank's for the helpful advice!! But yes i've thought long and hard, I really want one. Not because someone wants me to get it, or to impress people. But because I love the car, I'm sure I wont be that stereotypical teenager that everyone talks trash about. I'm also currently practicing in an empty parking lot with my uncles 2015 STI. If you guys have anymore advice i'd love to hear it btw.

If your practicing i dont see the problem jumping straight to a wrx or Sti. If you have the money to throw down then its not an issue. It only takes a short time to get used to these cars and awhile time to master it. I dont regret jumping straight to my Sti and my buddies who bought other vehicles wish they had.
    2013 Subaru STI

I live in igloos and hunt seals with my pet polar bear Jean Claude Van Damme.

^Agree. Some people just cant handle the responsibility. Be safe and im sure your do fine.

Also, your uncles car handles differently than an older model so make sure you practice just as much, if not more, than you are now.

If it's all your money and help help from parents, get a beater. If your parents are going to help you WHEN it break down, then by all means, get a stock 2002 wrx. Just wear a helmet.
    I don't put too much weight on age, you know yourself better than we do. I sold my 2001 z28 bolt on camaro to a 24 year old with a solid job. 3 weeks later I called him to see how my old baby was treating him to find out he wrapped it around a tree, killing himself, the week before.
    Good luck!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike0341 View Post
    My grammar sucks at times when im on the forums and im an English major. Im not getting paid to be here and its not an assignment so there is little reason for me to care if my sentence is grammatically correct. Moreover, i use a tablet or phone to communicate on the forums so ensuring my sentence structure and word choice is up to the high standards of those viewing my dribble would take more time than i care to put forth on such an endeavor.
    It's not meant as a personal slam against you. We just like to encourage people to use proper grammar as it makes our reading pleasure go up a few notches. Just keep reading posts from people that don't care to type legibly and you will get to that point too

Most of us aren't English major's but take the time to type up readable posts and appreciate it when others do to. If you choose not to you will still get responses in a helpful manner, but also slight nudges to type more legibly

All is good in the forum world.

Also. Despite the fact that we view you as a young driver and that brings out the parent in us telling you these cars can be dangerous, we also realize that any vehicle can be dangerous. We are just telling your our personal opinions, which you can take as you will. I know I for one appreciated the lower cost of the 2.5i that I drove for 5 years before my current car. I appreciated having the money to spend on things that were more fun than driving a car (believe it or not).

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Why 2005?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    I'd just save up the extra cash and get a 2005. If they're saying everything they are saying save up and get a good clean 2005 wrx
    I just realized you meant 2015 :heh:
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    It's not meant as a personal slam against you. We just like to encourage people to use proper grammar as it makes our reading pleasure go up a few notches. Just keep reading posts from people that don't care to type legibly and you will get to that point too

Most of us aren't English major's but take the time to type up readable posts and appreciate it when others do to. If you choose not to you will still get responses in a helpful manner, but also slight nudges to type more legibly

We like to think highly of ourselves

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    We like to think highly of ourselves

If you didn't I would question your humanity

Registered User chrismartin3391's Avatar
    I say get what you want. Its not like your buying a brand new 30k wrx or 40k sti.. I will say I agree with what a lot of people are saying and learn the roads. You can do this in a wrx but just be safe. I prey nothing happens to you or anyone else on the road while your out. But I will say accidents do happen and as a first time driver your more prone to them. It be your call on what you get in the end. Just my thought is i'd rather wreck a crappy car learning the roads and more important how other people drive than to learn the hard way in a car that you fell in love with the moment you seen it..
    RIP Paul. You will be missed

Registered User ajaxthecleaner25's Avatar
    I must say,remembering when I received my license, I was very alert and obeying all the laws to the fullest extent. I was very responsible. And then two to three months rolled by and you relax a little bit. Make sure you just stay on top of your everyday driving skills as a whole. Dont get lazy.
    2015 Limited WRX on order . . . JUST GET HERE ALREADY!

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post

Also. Despite the fact that we view you as a young driver and that brings out the parent in us telling you these cars can be dangerous, we also realize that any vehicle can be dangerous. We are just telling your our personal opinions, which you can take as you will. I know I for one appreciated the lower cost of the 2.5i that I drove for 5 years before my current car. I appreciated having the money to spend on things that were more fun than driving a car (believe it or not).
    +1...it was to the OP anyway.

I've always thought that if you take the time to better your speech/grammar/spelling in ALL facets of life that it will make the world just a little bit better. So many people just don't care anymore and its sad. Its completely evident on forums and in text land these days.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    +1...it was to the OP anyway.

I've always thought that if you take the time to better your speech/grammar/spelling in ALL facets of life that it will make the world just a little bit better. So many people just don't care anymore and its sad. Its completely evident on forums and in text land these days.
    +1 agreed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast