Questions for 2015 CVT Owners (1 for veteran owners)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Questions for 2015 CVT Owners (1 for veteran owners) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just ordered 2015 WRX CVT. Unfortunately couldn't test drive being one of the 20% of ppl who cant drive stick. ...

Questions for 2015 CVT Owners (1 for veteran owners)

Just ordered 2015 WRX CVT. Unfortunately couldn't test drive being one of the 20% of ppl who cant drive stick.

I had some Q's for ppl who own a 2015 CVT or drove one.

- While in sport # (sharp) did they feel like the car really put them back in their seat when accelerating quickly (hoping to get a little of the manual box exp.)?
    - What kind of fuel economy (MPG) are they getting while driving in intelligent mode? This will be my DD so traffic and all the fun that comes with the commute.
    - How many miles where you told to break in the car and does the mode (i / S / S#) matter?
    - What mode are you using most (why)?

Another Q for all WRX ppl I live in New England and snow has been getting worse each year. If this car comes with Dunlop Sport Max Summer Tires will I also need winter tires?

Thanks in Advance,

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WrxGuy2015 View Post
    Just ordered 2015 WRX CVT. Unfortunately couldn't test drive being one of the 20% of ppl who cant drive stick.

I had some Q's for ppl who own a 2015 CVT or drove one.

- While in sport # (sharp) did they feel like the car really put them back in their seat when accelerating quickly (hoping to get a little of the manual box exp.)?
    - What kind of fuel economy (MPG) are they getting while driving in intelligent mode? This will be my DD so traffic and all the fun that comes with the commute.
    - How many miles where you told to break in the car and does the mode (i / S / S#) matter?
    - What mode are you using most (why)?

Another Q for all WRX ppl I live in New England and snow has been getting worse each year. If this car comes with Dunlop Sport Max Summer Tires will I also need winter tires?

Thanks in Advance,

2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

Definitely get the winters. There are lots of good threads here for your winter choices. I use Blizzaks and they were great this past winter. Nokian's are exceptional, but expensive.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

So no way to get around it. Thanks much for the info.

I Support ClubWRX
    These are all really good questions about the CVT experience. I'm hoping for some answers too!

Sent from my Galaxy S4 (typo, schmypo)
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

From what I have read is it's much diff than manual but most articles say it's better than what was expected.

Need some cvt ppls input.

I came from a 2013 wrx and now own a 2015 with cvt. I would say 90% of the time I don't miss having a manual car. It's not as fun as driving a manual car but it's still pretty fun for being my DD. I drive in I most of the time and avg 26.7 mpg, I once got 36.6 mpg on a road trip. When I want to have a little more fun I change it to s or s#

Perfect that's good news for a DD. how long is break in period and did you mix modes?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WrxGuy2015 View Post
    Perfect that's good news for a DD. how long is break in period and did you mix modes?
    Per the owners manual, the break in period is 1000miles.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Mode wise does it matter? (I/S/S#)

You can change the modes during the break in if that's what your asking, but you have to stay under 4k rpm for the first 1000 miles...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoob1318 View Post
    You can change the modes during the break in if that's what your asking, but you have to stay under 4k rpm for the first 1000 miles...
    How difficult was that to control? Were there times when the transmission went above 4k and you didn't want it to?

Like passing someone or getting on the freeway?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 (typo, schmypo)
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I'm weak.... I went over 4 k a few times but never WOT. One of the times was an accident, the other was today and I have 942 miles so I'm not terribly concerned haha

As mentioned, the car is pretty fun to drive. When in S or S# i also kick into manual to have a bit more fun. Great thing is, I can drive it out in manual and then my wife can drive it back without an issue if i decide to have a drink or two with dinner. The car is plenty fast enough to get into trouble and fast enough to keep you out of it (getting past a large truck, or having to swerve around someone whose on their damn phone).

Staying under 4k was challenging at times because there are areas where i go 80mph on the highway so when a need to pass someone does present itself then in ended up going slightly over 4k. I got my oil changed the same day i hit 1k as well, just to bet the break in oil out of the system.

Don't you want to keep the break in oil?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast