Got my subie back! 2015 WRX Silver - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Got my subie back! 2015 WRX Silver within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by stialltheway i live here in calgary canada. and the sporty tech package costs 50k all in all. ...

Quote Originally Posted by stialltheway View Post
    i live here in calgary canada. and the sporty tech package costs 50k all in all.
    well he did say a base Sti with no mention of package upgrades. i mean if you threw every single thing on a vehicle then i guess that would do it. i bought mine brand new for 35,500 with a short throw and some other random things but i have no sales tax where im at.
    2013 Subaru STI

I live in igloos and hunt seals with my pet polar bear Jean Claude Van Damme.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbravo_AK View Post
    well he did say a base Sti with no mention of package upgrades. i mean if you threw every single thing on a vehicle then i guess that would do it. i bought mine brand new for 35,500 with a short throw and some other random things but i have no sales tax where im at.
    Well consider yourself lucky. The lack of sales tax saved you at least $2000.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

what do you think sir? should i get the STI? am kinda thinking twice because i don't know how much it cost to maintain it.. and am kinda worried because it might not last because of the "ring land issues" am not gonna modify it.. or maybe i'll just put a cobb stage 1

what do you think sir? should i get the STI? am kinda thinking twice because i don't know how much it cost to maintain it.. and am kinda worried because it might not last because of the "ring land issues" am not gonna modify it.. or maybe i'll just put a cobb stage 1
    i wouldn't lose sleep over the ringland issue. to maintain it isnt that bad, i pay 170 in insurance a month, as long as you dont keep your foot mashed to the floor it gets ok gas milage, I pay 430 a month for payments after i threw 10,000 down on my car, and oil changes at my dealership here are about 65(only because my dealership are picky about your service record). probably one of the most fun vehicles to drive and i get compliments everywhere i go. If you can afford it go Sti, if your looking for more of a bang for your buck get the Wrx its still a fun car. just my opinon.
    2013 Subaru STI

awesome! the only killer here is the insurance. but yes i'll buy the sti. because i think after a year or maybe 2 years my insurance will decrease. am 19 by the way.

awesome! the only killer here is the insurance. but yes i'll buy the sti. because i think after a year or maybe 2 years my insurance will decrease. am 19 by the way.
    its usually when you turn 25 it drops but the drop isn't anything amazing, maybe 15-20 bucks.
    2013 Subaru STI

i see. do you think the 2015 sit is a bad idea? or i should look for a 14?

i see. do you think the 2015 sit is a bad idea? or i should look for a 14?
    I personally haven't drove the 15, only a 11,12,13, and 14. but if you read Zax's build thread above on his signature i believe he reviews it. Good luck.
    2013 Subaru STI

I personally haven't drove the 15, only a 11,12,13, and 14. but if you read Zax's build thread above on his signature i believe he reviews it. Good luck.
    thanks man! i appreciate it. have a good one! cheers!

I Support ClubWRX
    thanks man! i appreciate it. have a good one! cheers!
    How much is your insurance quote? Will you be financing the car? Gas is expensive in Canada. If all that you have to worry about is the maintenance fees and you dont have a monthly payment for it, then it's not the worst idea.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    $170 a month? Damn. Right now I'm paying $120 a month to ensure 3 cars and a motorcycle...
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo0034 View Post
    How much is your insurance quote? Will you be financing the car? Gas is expensive in Canada. If all that you have to worry about is the maintenance fees and you dont have a monthly payment for it, then it's not the worst idea.

am 19 years old. so basically my insurance is gonna be 440 a month and yes i am going to finance the car bro

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    $170 a month? Damn. Right now I'm paying $120 a month to ensure 3 cars and a motorcycle...
    Yeah man when I first bought my car it was 220 with geicko then I shopped around and got 170 plus renters insurance with State Farm. I did have one accident but it wasn't my fault plus they deemed it a very high risk car haha.
    2013 Subaru STI

Yeah man when I first bought my car it was 220 with geicko then I shopped around and got 170 plus renters insurance with State Farm. I did have one accident but it wasn't my fault plus they deemed it a very high risk car haha.
    hey sir! how old are you by the way? if you don't mind me asking..

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    **** you! You suck.

I started paying $315/month for my '07 WRX back in May 2007 (when I bought the car). Zero points/tickets. One no-fault accident.

I'm paying around $130/month now for JUST my WRX and my wife pays around $90-$100 for her '08 Ford Focus Coupe SES.

Insurance is a ****ing rip off. I know people with tickets/points/DUI's that pay less than most. One guy I knew had a DUI and he was paying LESS than me. How the **** does that make sense?

Geico gave me a quote (back in 2007) for a '07 STi and '07 WRX.. $568/month for STi and $446/month for WRX....

I think they just make up rates for everyone. People live in the same area never pay the exact same. What else goes into giving me an insurance price? Location, Vehicle, Accident-Point History, Age, Married. I know all those factors but what else?

Who the **** brought up insurance talk? This topic makes me RAGE! You know it makes me rage when I'm typing this long post via my phone (Tapatalk) and I hate typing a lot on it. Arghh

How does one get a lower insurance rate without going to another company? Is their a way to barter for a better price without lowering coverage?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.