MAP OR MAF?

This is a discussion on MAP OR MAF? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; First of all im new to this club, got myself a 2015 limited 6 spd red on tuesday, so far ...

MAP OR MAF?

First of all im new to this club, got myself a 2015 limited 6 spd red on tuesday, so far just put tint on it, now im looking into getting a blow off valve installed but had a few questions, first of all wanted to know if our sensors are MAP OR MAF? and has anyone done any mods on their vehicles yet? if so any engine code problems? im just trying to plan it out now, wont actually start doing anything to it until I atleast hit 1.5k miles

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I believe it is a MAF but I could be wrong given the engine is still pretty new for us.

Why install a BOV? Historically they cause more problems than they are worth.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    They have both MAF and MAP sensors.. fueling is calculated off of a draw through MAF located on the intake, and boost pressure is read by the MAP sensor on the intake manifold.

I'm not sure about the 2015 WRX, since the FA20 setup is new, but in the past the stock recirculating valve has been the best thing to run on the car. If you're talking about an atmospheric BOV, don't do it.. you will be releasing air that has already been metered by the MAF sensor.

Read up ->here<- if you have any additional questions about BOVs.

No bov. Recirc is the best if you even need one.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

hm... thanks. Just wanted to hear it some more

I Support ClubWRX
    "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged)

Blowoff Valve (BOV) FAQ

no one is stopping your from getting one but its better not to

You can run a true vent to atmosphere bov by having a blow through maf set up but thats a lot of money just to hear a noise. Just wait till they come out with the intakes and access ports for the car and you will hear a nice noise not as loud as a true BOV.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Registered User ajaxthecleaner25's Avatar
    Forget about the BOV, waste of money
    2015 Limited WRX on order . . . JUST GET HERE ALREADY!